Travelling for 3 months in Europe. What voice coverage is available?

cherie
cherie Posts: 4 ✭✭
edited January 2022 in My Mobile

I read in the forum that outgoing international calls are not available w Fizz while travelling. Will I still be able to RECEIVE calls while I’m away?

Best Answers

• Emporium
    Emporium Posts: 2,303 ✭✭
    Answer ✓

No. FIZZ only offers voice coverage within Canada/USA.

Some selected countries in Europe offer Text and Data, and those you will need to check the Travel Addon section to see what is available and where.

• Fling
    Fling Posts: 8,714 ✭✭
    Answer ✓

Hi Cherie,

Fizz tell you this about your situation

You’ll be travelling several months abroad?

We recommend purchasing a local SIM card. This will give you access to better rates on data. Helpful tip: use messaging apps (whatsApp, Messenger...) to stay in touch on the road instead of calling and texting.

As for your Fizz plan (Internet and/or mobile), it is unfortunately impossible for now to put it on pause. The best solution if you don’t want to lose your My Rewards status along with all your upgrades and perks is to adjust your plan to its strict minimum (by only keeping the Quebec coverage in a mobile plan for instance) for the time being.

Source https://fizz.ca/en/faq/im-travelling-outside-my-coverage-zone-what-are-my-roaming-options

have a nice day

Answers

• Doomdrou
    Doomdrou Posts: 725 ✭✭

There is no voice coverage outside Canada and the United States. I recommend you purchase a European SIM card with a provider that offers a worldwide voice coverage. Prices in Europe are much lower than here in Canada, so I am sure you can find good travel plans at a reasonable price.

This discussion has been closed.