Travelling for 3months to Europe. I will buy the pay as you go for texts and travel Add-on data.

Options
cherie
cherie Posts: 4 ✭✭

Will I still be able to use the 2GB data that I pay for with my regular plan while in Europe? What about the Unlimited texts I pay for with my regular plan…am I still covered for unlimited texts in Europe with my existing plan?

Answers

• Emporium
    Emporium Posts: 2,303 ✭✭
    Options

NO. The plans you have (text and Data) are strictly for use within the region that you choose (QC only, Canada, or CANADA/US).

If you are travelling in Europe you will need to get travel addons for any data/texting you need to do. There is no voice coverage in Europe by Fizz.

You are better off getting a SIM card in Europe for all your calling and texting needs. They are typically very cheap for mobile packages in Europe.

• Clive_ref_code_73TF9
    Options

@Emporium has the answer, buy a prepaid SIM when you arrive in Europe, it is much more cost effective and flexible. I would suggest you back up any data, contacts, files, etc. before you leave in case something happens to your phone while traveling. And reset your APN to factory settings and set your phone to automatically search and connect to networks before inserting a new SIM.

• Fling
    Fling Posts: 8,730 ✭✭
    Options

Hi Cherie,

Your regular plan is not available in Europe because your out of your çoverage zone. Fizz say this

You’ll be travelling several months abroad?

We recommend purchasing a local SIM card. This will give you access to better rates on data. Helpful tip: use messaging apps (whatsApp, Messenger...) to stay in touch on the road instead of calling and texting.

As for your Fizz plan (Internet and/or mobile), it is unfortunately impossible for now to put it on pause. The best solution if you don’t want to lose your My Rewards status along with all your upgrades and perks is to adjust your plan to its strict minimum (by only keeping the Quebec coverage in a mobile plan for instance) for the time being.

source https://fizz.ca/en/faq/im-travelling-outside-my-coverage-zone-what-are-my-roaming-options