Hide one's identity but not one's number

heautontimorumenos
heautontimorumenos Posts: 2 ✭✭
edited January 2022 in My Mobile

Hello,

When I telephone somebody, I do not want my name to appear but I want my number to appear. Is it possible to hide one's identity while showing one's number?

Thank you.

Best Answers

• PF_Ref_D2U9A
    PF_Ref_D2U9A Posts: 5,660 ✭✭
    Answer ✓

Hi

When I call others, they will see my number but not my name. I believe this is the Fizz default.

However if they know me and have added me on their contact list, they will see my name and number.

• Clive_ref_code_73TF9
    Clive_ref_code_73TF9 Posts: 545 ✭✭
    Answer ✓

Hello @heautontimorumenos, mobile phone providers and mobile phones can only offer to display or hide your number. Providers do not display your name. If your name is visible on someone's phone, it is because that person has you added as a contact and you have chosen to display your number on outgoing calls.

• Emporium
    Emporium Posts: 2,303 ✭✭
    Answer ✓

Caller Name (CNAM) is a feature that displays your Name or Company Name on the Caller ID display. Most (if not all) mobile providers do NOT offer this service. They offer only basic Caller ID (ie: number only).

As mentioned above, IF however the person you are calling, has you added as a contact, then most phones will pick up the name from your contact list, and display that.

Answers

• Dapfizzer
    Dapfizzer Posts: 10,182 ✭✭
    edited January 2022

@heautontimorumenos

Hi,

no matter which OS you are currently using, you can only completely hide your identity and number, from your phone settings, or neither but not without the other.

• Thank you for your answers. Apparently, the default option of Fizz is "display only the number".

Ten years ago I was at Rogers'. I telephoned a guy who did not know me and he knew my first name and my surname just be looking at his phone.

This discussion has been closed.