I got a Samsung A12 from Fizz and it's EXTREMELY slow. Anyone else have this problem?

Options
Gacia
Gacia Posts: 10 ✭✭
edited January 2022 in Phones

The worst part is that operating software issues are somehow not covered under the 12-month warranty. I'm not sure how to proceed. The phone is not usable. It takes 5 minutes for an app to open up. I get a message and the phone freezes and comes back to life a while later.

How can I resolve this issue?

Best Answer

• Clive_ref_code_73TF9
    Clive_ref_code_73TF9 Posts: 545 ✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hello @Gacia, I would suggest you back up your data on the phone, reset it to factory settings and download all updates to the OS and apps. If the problem is recent, it may be a software bug that an update will solve. The warranty should cover any issues not caused by the user. Check the Samsung Canada website for warranty details and if Fizz won't honour the warranty and offer to repair/replace, contact Samsung Canada.

Answers

• vtss
    vtss Posts: 7 ✭✭
    Options

Buy a iPhone it’s better

• Gacia
    Options

I already got the Samsung 2 months ago and the 15-day return period is obviously over :(

• Gacia
    Options

I guess if I don't have any other choice, I will follow those steps! I wish Fizz would provide a bit more help though... Thanks a lot @Clive

• Emporium
    Emporium Posts: 2,303 ✭✭
    Options

@Gacia

I am assuming you already tried doing a factory reset, just in case it was some software that is slowing it down ?

If you check "battey" usage, is there some app that is hogging the battery ? Doesn't make sense for it to be that slow. If after factory reset (without installing any other apps), it is super slow still, then I would say, it can be a case for warranty. Could be a bad memory chip causing the lag, or a pile of other things.

• Gacia
    Options

I contacted Samsung Canada already, the phone is too slow. Thanks!

This discussion has been closed.