CABLE MODEM IP

Options
Howard I.
Howard I. Posts: 5 ✭✭
edited January 2022 in Internet

hi. my IP address has ended up on a blacklist somehow, and this is preventing me from using my email server, as well as accessing some websites. i had a 70 min chat with fizz tech support, and they claim they can't change my IP, and that restarting modem won't change it either. i have to contact the companies blocking me. i find it strange that fizz (or videotron at the request of fizz) can't give me a new IP. anyone else have had this issue?

Best Answer

• Dapfizzer
    Dapfizzer Posts: 10,182 ✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options

@Howard I.

Hi Howard,

I don’t know why your address was blocked but the easiest way to get around this inconvenience would be to install a VPN.

Answers

• Howard I.
    Options

the fizz chat kept going in circles. "we don't block IPs"..."yes, i know, but the IP you're providing me has been blacklisted, i need a new one"..."we don't block IPs, restart your modem"...."will that change my IP?"..."no".

• Howard I.
    Options

that would mean using a VPN on every device hooked up to the network...computers, phones, iPads, etc.

• Clive_ref_code_73TF9
    Options

I would 2nd what DapFizzer wrote, use a VPN or proxy app on your devices, some are free and still good enough for most general use, the paid ones are noticeably better. I suggest you do a search to find out the numerous reasons why websites block IP addresses.

https://www.wikihow.com/Unblock-Your-IP-Address

• Howard I.
    Options

cool, thanks. can you recommend a free VPN to try? hard to know which ones are legit

This discussion has been closed.