Can I schedule the start of the services for February 10?

The P.
The P. Posts: 4 ✭✭
edited March 2022 in Internet

Hi,

I am moving back to Canada on February 10th and I plan to get internet and mobile (2 lines) with Fizz.

Once I sign the leasing contract and I know the address can I schedule the delivery of the modem and sim cards for February 10?

Thank you,

Alexandru Pop

Best Answer

• Philemon24
    Philemon24 Posts: 1,340 ✭✭
    Answer ✓

Hello @The P.

it is certainly possible, if the conditions are met:

• If you are a building tenant, make sure you have the owner’s written authorization beforehand for such circumstances
    • An adult over 18 years of age must be present at your service address when the technician visits. For multi-unit buildings, make sure you also have access to the building's wiring room.
    • Make sure that it’s the cable outlet of your choice (where you’ll be placing your modem) that is activated.
    • Your equipment should be easily accessible. Make sure to move ahead of time any furniture that may complicate things for the technician.
    • If you’re the owner of a household pet, make sure to keep it away from the rooms where the technician will be working. This way, they’ll be able to complete the work without disturbing your companion.

Sources:

As for mobile service, I'd suggest on buying the sim card in store to make sure the card can be activated within a few hours and not be stolen or mis-delivered. Call first with the listed phone number to make sure they have some in stock.

If you need a referral code, many of us have it near their nickname.☝️

Welcome to Fizz 🤗

Answers

• Hello, I would suggest you allow 7-10 days for delivery from time of order for a SIM card, or find a physical store near you if a better option to buy in person. As for Internet, ordering a week in advance should be fine. As Philemon pointed out, if there isn't an existing coax cable for your Internet service, check with your landlord to make sure he/she is ok with a tech drilling holes to install the cable line. And of course check the Fizz site to make sure Internet is available at your address. Happy surfing.

This discussion has been closed.