I got charged for internet in January instead of February

Mahsa
Mahsa Posts: 1 ✭✭
edited January 2022 in Internet

Hi ,

I recently subscribed for the internet and it was explained in the steps that I would get charged once my service is activated ( I have an appointment in Feb 1st). And then I checked my credit card and saw that Fizz has already taken the money out of it. Why I got charged for internet now?

Best Answer

• Philemon24
    Philemon24 Posts: 1,340 ✭✭
    Answer ✓

Hello @Mahsa

it is normal. You were charged in January but for February usage.

Your first monthly payment will be charged to your credit card when you subscribe. Your payment cycle, however, will start with the delivery of your Fizz Wi-Fi modem. This means the amounts of your next monthly payments will be automatically charged to your credit card each month, 24 hours before the date on which you received your Fizz Wi-Fi modem.

Source: https://fizz.ca/en/faq/how-do-i-subscribe-to-fizz-home-internet#6

So basically it will take a while before you get charged for March.

However the 24h rule will soon be changed to 72h. This is because clients were penalised when payments were not fulfilled and couldn't react in time. I expect your second charge to be around Feb 26.

Answers

• Emporium
    Emporium Posts: 2,303 ✭✭
    edited January 2022

The first payment is due when you subscribe.

However, the next payment will be 1 month from the activation date (date modem gets delivered), and then every month after that.

Your first monthly payment will be charged to your credit card the day you subscribe.  Your monthly payment cycle, however, will start with the delivery of your Fizz Wi-Fi modem.

Thanks to pre-authorized payments, you’ll always know exactly how much your Home Internet plan will cost for the upcoming month. The amount will be automatically billed to your credit card every month, 24 hours before the date that you received your Fizz Wi-Fi modem.

Source: https://fizz.ca/en/internet/how-it-works (Scroll down to point #5)

So it looks like the same info is in various different sources. WHERE was it "explained in the steps that I would get charged once my service is activated"

And as mentioned above, starting mid Feb, the "24hr before" is being changed to "72 hours before" to ensure people have time to correct billing issues, and service does not get interrupted.

This discussion has been closed.