Do i need a landline to use Fizz?

Options
Mka
Mka Posts: 1 ✭✭

I am renting a house and the landlord has limited internet I want to use Fizz but he doesn’t want me to do so because he is afraid that he will loose his landline?

is it the case?

Best Answer

• Manuel_AC
    Manuel_AC Posts: 13 ✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options

Fizz uses the coax Videotron cable, and the landline uses a separate 2-wire cable.

Cable is different from ADSL technology, that does indeed use the classic landline phone line.

When you start the order, just after choosing your package, it will ask for your exact address. If there is any problem or incompatibility it will appear there.

Answers

• Fling
    Fling Posts: 8,741 ✭✭
    edited December 2021
    Options

The answer is no he will not loose in landline. There is now connection between the 2

• Deh
    Deh Posts: 603 ✭✭
    Options

Fizz will never know that there is also a landline there, home internet and landline are two different services and aren't related to each other

• Clive_ref_code_73TF9
    Options

Manuel C 7543 has it right, Fizz Internet uses its own cable, not the telephone cable which is a different technology. There can't be any interference between the two.

• Emporium
    Emporium Posts: 2,303 ✭✭
    Options

@Mka

As others have mentioned, they are NOT related.

But considering it is a rental property you do NEED the permission from the landlord, otherwise the Technician will NOT drill through the wall to bring the coax cable into the apartment (if it is not already there).

This discussion has been closed.