I am breaking some records here

Options
Jess_i88b6
Jess_i88b6 Posts: 13,054 ✭✭
edited December 2021 in About my account

Hi

I think that I am breaking some records here, my plan is still pending for a bit more than 2 weeks.

I am posting this only to share my experience

Best Answer

Answers

• PF_Ref_D2U9A
    PF_Ref_D2U9A Posts: 5,773 ✭✭
    Options

Hi

Have you contacted Fizz recently to ask for possible remedies at this stage?

If there is little progress, a quick solution might be to cancel your line and start over with a new activation.

• Jess_i88b6
    edited December 2021
    Options

Hi

Cancelling my plan is not an option, I already paid for it, my first ticket is from Dec 7, therefore, more the 15 days ago.

I am contacting Fizz’s customer agents every +-5 days, and receiving the same answer, sorry we are working on it.

• I cannot apply bonus
    • I cannot reference acquaintances, or competing with you and your friends in publicizing my referral code
    • I cannot cancel, since me and the person whom referenced, we are losing 50$ each
    • I cannot modify my plan
    • and more

btw the customer support seems to sympathize with me, but this does not helps

I'm closing this post since I wasn't looking for suggestions neither compassion, it is almost 3 months that I'm ready the forum :)

I was only share my experience and vent.

• PF_Ref_D2U9A
    Options

I understand the frustration. If it was me, I would be exploring all possible solutions.

In a few more days, your plan will be entering your second month. It seems that your service line is not working at all. Or did you transfer your number and the problem is you cannot receive incoming messages/calls?

I am wondering why you would rule out starting over - Did you discuss this option with Fizz customer service?

If you decide to do so, I would even suggest using a new account since your current one might be bugged. The referral bonus continues to be $50 until January 12.

And as you may know, the Fizz SIM card is reusable. So don't throw it out.

I hope you will find a solution soon.

p.s. You cannot close a post. Only Whizz can close it.

• Jess_i88b6
    edited December 2021
    Options

Hi

I contact multiple times the Fizz support. My plan is working, I didn't state, sorry but I wasn't looking for solutions since only Fizz can give it to me.

Closing the plan is not an options (already said that).

I like the number and I already share it, why I must close the plan, it will not be easier to solve it? Why I should be the one that find the solution to Fizz problem? I am supposed to be a client. The customers service I believe that it is there for that.

It is a matter of principle.

ps I cannot use the previous credit card, do you really think that will be easier to get the money back? I also need to update it, hopefully I will be able to do it before then end of my month. Otherwise, my plan will not work and I will lose the number anyway.

• PF_Ref_D2U9A
    Options

Thanks for providing more details. Hopefully Fizz can resolve this issue before your plan has to renew.

If the automatic payment fails, your service will stop to work, but you will not immediately lose your number. If you cannot update your payment method to make a payment, you can contact Fizz for help.

Here is what Fizz writes about this - https://fizz.ca/en/faq/how-do-i-fix-payment-issue

Can I keep my phone number if my mobile plan is cancelled due to a payment failure?

When your mobile plan is cancelled due to a payment failure, you risk the lost of the associated phone number. It is therefore VERY important, if you want to keep your phone number, to pay your outstanding balance as soon as possible.

We keep the phone number in our systems for a period of 60 days following the deactivation date.

Hope it works out!

• Clive_ref_code_73TF9
    Options

Hello, I suggest you contact the financial institution you used to make the payment(s), ie. your credit card company or bank, and open a complaint. Banks and credit card companies usually have dispute resolution policies on similar disputes between customers and service and product vendors, in this case Fizz taking payment from you but not providing the service as promised. Another avenue is to make a complaint with the CCTS as it is the organization that handles dispute resolution for mobile providers in Canada.

• Yann D. #22965
    Yann D. #22965 Posts: 217 ✭✭
    Options

Hang on ! :)

• MarcVivian
    MarcVivian Posts: 120 ✭✭
    Options

Thank you!