Ex-partner moved away, did not cancel internet and I cannot get a new installation

Hipsterette Posts: 1 ✭✭

Hello! I need some help :)

My ex-partner moved out rapidly and he blocked my phone number so I cannot get in touch with him. The internet at home is still to his name and I cannot ask for a new internet service as long as he doesn't cancel. I can't get in touch with him and the internet is still going. He left 1st of November.

How can I get my internet installed to my name and have his cancelled? (I am the only person on the lease).

Thank you!

Best Answer

  • Emporium
    Emporium Posts: 2,303 ✭✭
    Answer ✓

    Hi @Hipsterette

    Sorry to hear about the situation. But as you have already figured out, they can't have 2 subscriptions at the same address.

    However, if you'd like you can contact a customer service agent, and see if they can do anything. But as long as it is getting charged to HIS/HER credit card, and it doesn't miss a beat, I'm not 100% sure what they can do. Only Fizz can confirm that. Here we are all just end users like yourself.

    • Sign into your account
    • Follow the link on this page: https://fizz.ca/en/faq/status-services or https://fizz.ca/fr/faq/etat-services
    • Wait 3 seconds for the green bubble with a '?' appears at the bottom right of the browser, if you use a phone you must use it in desktop or horizontal mode
    • Choose the option 💬 chat
    • If the green bubble does not appear make sure your ad blocker is disabled, otherwise try with another browser.

    PS: For me the only combination that works for CHAT, is Firefox, in a private window, and only when in the French language..

    Other means of contact

    CHAT however is the quickest method, but facebook is the easiest.

    Cheers, be safe, and happy holidays.

This discussion has been closed.