Adding a user to a plan does nothing

Options
goob
goob Posts: 2 ✭✭

Hi,

I bought a second phone (with discount) and added a second line and plan to my account.

Now that I'm trying to add my spouse (who already has a fizz account) to the plan, it just won't work.

The invite email is received and upon clicking on the link to "Accept the invitation" and logging in, nothing at all happens on either side. On my side, there's still the "Waiting a response from [...]".

Has anyone had any similar experience they managed to fix before I try to go through customer service? Thanks

Best Answer

Answers

• Doomdrou
    Doomdrou Posts: 725 ✭✭
    Options

If you are trying to add someone that already has a Fizz account to your own account, this won't work. Each Fizz account is independent, but you can have up to five different lines within one account. However, you can't combine two accounts into one, thus causing the bug you are experiencing. I have trouble understanding what you want to do.

You may contact customer service to explain your situation.

• goob
    goob Posts: 2 ✭✭
    Options

Thanks @Dapfizzer , I'll do that.

@Doomdrou , there's the explicit option to add users to specific plans on your accounts, including users who already have a fizz account as explained here : https://fizz.ca/en/faq/how-do-i-add-user-to-plan#1 In my case, its for my spouse who already has a fizz account, so it should work considering they explain the steps. Following exactly these steps fails at step 8 : the link in the email does not seem to actually do or accept anything.

• Dapfizzer
    Dapfizzer Posts: 10,182 ✭✭
    Options

@Ziggy11

You're welcome! : )

• Emporium
    Emporium Posts: 2,303 ✭✭
    Options

Hi @goob

I think you are partially correct when you say it is also for people that have a fizz account. If you read it carefully, the wording is a little subtle.

"Decide if this person will have their own Fizz account" and "Make sure you add the email address this person wants to use for their own Fizz account."

So YES they can have their own account, but I think it is not for accounts that already exist, but more for accounts that will be created as a result of this invitation.

But, you can always contact customer service as Dapfizzer has mentioned above, to confirm.

If you contact Customer service, keep us posted on the outcome for future reference.

Good Luck

This discussion has been closed.