TEXT - Can I text an (802) Vermont phone number?

Options
SuperFly
SuperFly Posts: 4 ✭✭

1) Can I text an (802) VERMONT phone number if the person lives in Bedford, Quebec (but uses a USA - Vermont phone number)?

I have cell plan with unlimited SMS - QUEBEC only.

Will my texts be charged for incoming and outgoing? Or will it be included in my plan?

2) Are there apps that allow you to text for free to the USA?

Thank you all for your help!!!!

Best Answer

Answers

• Clive_ref_code_73TF9
    Options

Hello, one of the benefits of a prepaid plan is there can be no additional charges for calls or texts you try to make outside of what is included in your plan. Unless you have funds in your 'Fizz wallet' for buying extras.

There are many apps for calling and/or texting numbers in other regions of Canada or international. Some are very inexpensive and reputable, others may have costs hidden in the fine-[print or require access to other data/apps. Be cautious of apps that demand too many permissions or permissions that are not relevant to a calling/texting app.

• SuperFly
    SuperFly Posts: 4 ✭✭
    Options

@Jesse but I only have Quebec coverage.. therefore I can only text within Quebec correct?

AND does that only include the areas that are red on the map (coverage map) OR ALL of the province?

• Doomdrou
    Doomdrou Posts: 725 ✭✭
    Options

If you have Quebec coverage but unlimited texting, you can text to any number in the world.

• Philemon24
    Philemon24 Posts: 1,340 ✭✭
    Options

Hello @SuperFly

what Clive said is try it because the worst that can happen is Fizz will tell you that you cannot, being a prepaid service (and Fizz will tell you what to buy to be able to do so).

What Clive also said: have you and you recipients use an instant messaging app (like Facebook Messenger, WhatsApp, Signal, Threema, ...). Only downside: it uses data (unless within wifi range). Then again, if you sometimes do MMS instead of SMS, it uses data anyway (near wifi or not).

• Jess_i88b6
    Jess_i88b6 Posts: 13,041 ✭✭
    Options

@SuperFly

This is from a Fizz's employé (from the message that I linked)

International text messaging is included when selecting any unlimited text plans with any coverage

This discussion has been closed.