2/2 Qs How do I know if my phone is being spoofed?

Options
LaKoko
LaKoko Posts: 4 ✭✭

Hello,

I recently got a weather warning from, of all places, the Philippines. Did anyone else get this or has anyone else on fizz had a problem with phone spoofing?

Thanks

Best Answer

• Emporium
    Emporium Posts: 2,303 ✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options

Random weather warning can be from a momentary bad GPS signal (which can happen after a phone has been turned off for a while). Not using some VPN ? Connect to some public WiFi ? Public WiFi, you never know if they are using some VPN connected to another country and your phone may use WiFi location (if GPS not working) and it may have thought you were in the Philippines.

I would not jump to phone spoofing conclusion so quickly. Have you noticed any abnormal incoming calls or texts ? Data depletion too quickly ? Don't forget that Fizz phones can only use Data and Text outside of Canada/US, so Data would be typically the target. They can't make or receive calls in Philippines anyhow even if the spoof your phone. But Data is so cheap in many of these countries that I don't see anyone trying to spoof this, to gain data access.

Answers

• LaKoko
    LaKoko Posts: 4 ✭✭
    Options

Thanks very much for the explanation! That makes sense. I haven't noticed any other strange activity, so with what you explained in not too worried now.

This discussion has been closed.