How to reuse an old SIM card

Options
kkl
kkl Posts: 37 ✭✭

If I want to activate a new plan with a new profile, can I use an old SIM card? If so what will be the activation code to use (not referral code, but the activation code)?

Best Answer

• PF_Ref_D2U9A
    PF_Ref_D2U9A Posts: 5,790 ✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hi kkl

If you kept your old Fizz SIM card, you can reuse the same card to activate your new plan. If you need a new SIM card, they are available online and at participating Couche-Tard shops - https://fizz.ca/en/sim-card#stores.

The 6 character activation code can be found on the original packaging. It may also be printed on the SIM card. If you have only the 20 digit number on the SIM card, you can contact Fizz customer service and they can lookup the corresponding activation code for your SIM card.

Remember you can use the referral code when activating the first plan of your account.

Welcome back to Fizz!

Answers

• kkl
    kkl Posts: 37 ✭✭
    Options

If I sell/give out the old SIM card to another person, can s/he activate it? Or it has to be me reactivating it from my account.

• PF_Ref_D2U9A
    PF_Ref_D2U9A Posts: 5,790 ✭✭
    Options

As far as I know, an inactive SIM card is not tied to any account.

So yes, anyone should be able to use it again.

• Emporium
    Emporium Posts: 2,303 ✭✭
    Options

Typically, with most carriers, once a SIM card is cancelled and number ported out or expired, the card is permanently deactivated and can't be reused. HOWEVER, surprisingly this does NOT seem to be the case with FIZZ. Fizz seems to allow you to reuse a SIM card, for yourself or even giving it to a friend to activate their own plan.

They even mention it in point #6 of one of their FAQ.

6. Invite a friend

After you close your plan you can give your SIM card to a friend. They can use it to activate their own Fizz plan (with their own settings, etc.). This will save them from having to buy their own SIM card.

The activation code for your SIM card is entered by default in the reactivation process for your Fizz plan. With this number, your SIM card can be associated with any Fizz plan.

Hope this helps.

This discussion has been closed.