Phone pricing

Options

Hey, has anyone else noticed that the price of phones changes intra-day, i.e. if you look at a pre-loved phone at 10 am, it will likely be a different price at 2 pm? And inventory of the pre-loved phones is often unavailable. I understand pre-loved phones are for sale as inventory allows but wouldn't it be better to show for sale only phones available?

Best Answer

• Emporium
    Emporium Posts: 2,303 ✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options

Yes, prices can vary a few times a day (I find it a little much, but Dynamic pricing is a thing, and Amazon does it many times per day on the same product and so do many other places). Earlier this year I was shopping for tires online from a very popular online shop, and prices were different in the morning, noon and evening. It was nuts. Weekend prices would go up, but they would offer discount codes (so you needed to do the math to see what which was a better deal).

It is nice to see what phones "can" be available for comparison purposes. However I think they should have a filter option, to show you ONLY what is available. It would make the potential purchasing experience a litle less frustrating for some people.

Answers

This discussion has been closed.