Are referral bonus tied to a number/plan

Options
Kaw
Kaw Posts: 2 ✭✭

Anyone tried to activate a new SIM in order to port the number over? If unsubscribe the first SIM with the random number, will the referral bonus still stay and usable for the new SIM's monthly fee?

Answers

• Fling
    Fling Posts: 8,753 ✭✭
    edited December 2021
    Options

Hi Aka,

It's one referral bonus and you have to do it whit your first plan. This is what's Fizz say about it

Any one person can only be invited, and thus use a referral code when they subscribe to their first Fizz service.

For example, if a person subscribes to the Fizz mobile service without using a referral code, one cannot be applied retroactively. 

Source ; https://fizz.ca/en/faq/how-do-i-invite-friends-to-join-fizz

Have a nice day

• Fling
    Fling Posts: 8,753 ✭✭
    Options

Aka,

If you unsubscribe you need to create another account whit a new e-mail adress to get the referral bonus.

• Kaw
    Kaw Posts: 2 ✭✭
    Options

I'm not asking for new referral bonus, but what I have already received with my referral code, can I use it for any SIM (one SIM per phone number) under my account (email address)?

• Emporium
    Emporium Posts: 2,303 ✭✭
    edited December 2021
    Options

@Kaw

The referral Bonus you have is tied to your account, NOT a specific plan. You don't get a referral code per plan you have (cell phone, internet, etc..), it is just 1 referral code for an account.

If you cancel a plan, the amount in your account remaining (from referal bonus) will remain there and will be applied to any new plan (cell or internet) which you may get in the future. There is no refund however issued for any balance. If you cancel the account, you lose the balance (kind of obvious).

Obviously this assumes that it is a bonus that has already matured (ie: not in pending, since it takes 2 months before it is available to be used). If it is still listed as "pending", if you cancel your plan, you lose it, since the bonus was conditional on at least 2 month plan, and would be released only after your second payment (available to be applied on 3rd and subsequent payments).

Hope this is clearer.

----------

If you have any more questioned you can also contact a customer service agent.

• Sign into your account
    • Follow the link on this page: https://fizz.ca/en/faq/status-services or https://fizz.ca/fr/faq/etat-services
    • Wait 3 seconds for the green bubble with a '?' appears at the bottom right of the browser, if you use a phone you must use it in desktop or horizontal mode
    • Choose the option 💬 chat
    • If the green bubble does not appear make sure your ad blocker is disabled, otherwise try with another browser.

PS: For me the only combination that works for CHAT, is Firefox, in a private window, and only when in the French language..

Other means of contact

CHAT however is the quickest method, but facebook is the easiest.