Can I apply for the internet service without a credit card?
Emporium Posts: 2,257
Unfortunately, as redhead mentioned, you NEED a credit card.
Here is FIZZ's article regarding that: https://fizz.ca/en/faq/what-payment-methods-can-i-use
However if you get a prepaid card, go through the optional step of registering it, in order to include your name/address as is on your account, to ensure it does not get rejected.
If you still need help, you can contact a customer service agent.
- Sign into your account
- Follow the link on this page: https://fizz.ca/en/faq/status-services or https://fizz.ca/fr/faq/etat-services
- Wait 3 seconds for the green bubble with a '?' appears at the bottom right of the browser, if you use a phone you must use it in desktop or horizontal mode
- Choose the option 💬 chat
- If the green bubble does not appear make sure your ad blocker is disabled, otherwise try with another browser.
PS: For me the only combination that works for CHAT, is Firefox, in a private window, and only when in the French language..
Other means of contact
- Whatsapp: (438) 393-5814
- By private message on Twitter: https://mobile.twitter.com/fizz_ca
- By private message on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/fizzca/
CHAT however is the quickest method, but facebook is the easiest.0
No, you need a credit card. I know that the KOHO prepaid cards work.0
You can use a DEBIT card that comes with your bank account.0
According to Fizz you can use SOME debit cards.
The following is an excerpt from their FAQ at https://fizz.ca/en/faq/what-payment-methods-can-i-use
To pay for your Fizz plans, you can use:
- A Visa or Mastercard credit card
- A prepaid Visa or Mastercard credit cards such as Vanilla prepaid cards
- A Debit Mastercard or Visa Debit card 👈️
Only one-off payments are accepted with Vanilla prepaid cards
You CANNOT use:
- American Express (Amex), Dinners and others credit cards
- A debit card
- A foreign credit/debit card
- Funds from your Fizz Wallet
Also, some Fizz forum member said KOHO cards work too (rechargeable Canadian credit card, never used it tho).0