Is there a way to disable data on Pay-As-You-Go ?

Bruno M. #2164
Bruno M. #2164 Posts: 13 ✭✭

Does anyone know if somehow you can disable data use on your pay as you go balance ?

My last time travelling, I had a data travel pack, and during my wait to get on my return flight I burned through the residual data, but Fizz then consumed my entire wallet credit balance (of $20) in a matter of seconds it seems.

Can I somehow restrict my wallet usage to only texts/voice ?

Best Answer

• PF_Ref_D2U9A
    PF_Ref_D2U9A Posts: 6,445 ✭✭
    Answer ✓

Hi Bruno

It seems our wallet will be used for any mobile option that isn't already included in our plan or add-ons.

As Fizz states here - https://fizz.ca/en/faq/what-is-my-wallet-and-how-do-i-use-it

1. If you deplete your monthly plan before the end of your payment cycle, and you choose not to buy an Add-On to complete the month, your consumption will automatically switch to Pay As You Go.

In your case, the only way to avoid using your wallet automatically is to buy another add-on.

Answers

• Bruno M. #2164
    Bruno M. #2164 Posts: 13 ✭✭

Yes, that is unfortunately what I found as well, but was hoping there was another option.

You should be able to switch off data, as $0.15/MB means your $10 credit can be used up in 30 seconds, which is outrageous. The only reason I put money in the wallet is so that I can receive texts/calls while away from Can/US.

But the fact this credit will get arbitrarily consumed under these circumstances means I have to constantly monitor my data consumption so that I don’t dip into it….

Fizz has done a great job of eliminating our overage charges, but this is a glaring omission. Hopefully they will do something to allow us to configure this option better.

This discussion has been closed.