how to request phone number transfer

ramon
ramon Posts: 2 ✭✭

hi I am trying to change my phone number to fizz but I"m not receiving the text message from my provider

Best Answers

• Dapfizzer
    Dapfizzer Posts: 10,182 ✭✭
    Answer ✓

@ramon

Hi Ramon,

you must then submit a new request using the link found in the notification posted in your Fizz account or pursue your Fizz activation by choosing a new number.

The transfer authorization request sent by text by your current provider must be answered by the set deadline. If not, it will be automatically cancelled, and you’ll have to submit a new request.

If you haven’t received the transfer authorization request, you'll need to contact your current provider directly to adress the issue.

Source: https://fizz.ca/en/faq/im-having-problems-transferring-my-current-phone-number-to-fizz-why-what-can-i-do

• Rosalie N. #26634
    Rosalie N. #26634 Posts: 41 ✭✭
    Answer ✓

@ramon I suggest you contact Fizz by chat

Go to a FQA, scroll down to the end, when you see the green ?, click on it and choose chat

you will be able to talk with somebody from Fizz

I suggest you check also your notifications in your Fizz account as you may find an error there why your provider did not receive the request

I am having difficulty transferring my number. Why?

There are several reasons why we may have been unable to transfer your current phone to your Fizz plan. You will receive an in-account notification explaining why the transfer failed and providing next steps for solving the problem. How to check your Fizz notifications

To read your account notifications, go to the the Notifications tab in your account:

1. Go to Notifications in your Fizz account.
    2. Click on each summary to read the full notification.
    Reasons why we may be unable to transfer your number:

1. The number you entered was not recognized by your current mobile provider.

You may have mistyped your current phone number. Verify your phone number and try again.

Note that we can only transfer mobile numbers coming from the province of Quebec or the Ottawa region. Your number must also be in the Fizz subscription area. If your number starts with an area code outside the subscription area, your number cannot be transferred to Fizz.

Your current provider’s account number or phone IMEI is incorrect.

You may have mistyped one of these numbers. Verify your account number or IMEI and try again.

• To find your account number: Your current provider’s account number will be on your most recent bill.
    • To find your IMEI: Dial *#06# on your phone’s keyboard. An IMEI number is your phone’s ‘identity card’. Your current provider uses it to associate your phone with your account. It also allows you to identify yourself and validate your phone number when you request a number transfer. Your current provider will only recognize the IMEI for the most recent phone you used with them.

Only the IMEI from the phone you used with your previous provider can allow the transfer of your number.

If the IMEI number is more than 15 digits long, only use the first 15.

Answers

• ramon
    ramon Posts: 2 ✭✭

hi I did call my provider and they said that they did not receive any request

• Dapfizzer
    Dapfizzer Posts: 10,182 ✭✭

@ramon

To be able to have and reply to this (SMS), you need to have the SIM card of your former provider in the device, after the answer, and only then, you will be able to insert the SIM card of Fizz.

This discussion has been closed.