initial password is wrong

pash
pash Posts: 1 ✭✭

I just my modem & internet with Fizz but the initial password does not work ? what do I do ? Who do I contact?

Best Answer

• MyriamC
    MyriamC Posts: 920 ✭✭
    Answer ✓

You can reset your modem to the factory settings and then the pasword will be the one on your modem

1. If you can’t connect with the password (Default Key) shown on the back of the modem, use the Ethernet cable to connect your Wi-Fi enabled device directly into one of the modem’s ports. Follow the on-screen steps of the “Easy Connect” interface. You’ll have the opportunity to choose your own password, and you’ll be able to connect wirelessly next time.
    Download the Fizz Wi-Fi app

This handy app lets you schedule pauses, manage access and more.

Download it for free:

To log in, use the following credentials:

• Username: cusadmin
    • Password: (enter the new password you chose)

There you go! Your network is now ready.

Restore your Wi-Fi modem to its factory settings
    1. IMPORTANT: This will reset any changes that have been made to your Wi-Fi modem settings to date. You may also need to reconfigure your devices’ Wi-Fi settings (network name, password, etc.).
    3. Using a small, sharp object, press the modem’s reset button for 10 seconds.
    4. Once your modem has restarted, follow the same instructions you used when you initially installed it.
    6. Reminder: The default username (Default Wi-Fi network) and password (Default key) for your Wi-Fi network are written on a sticker on the back of your Wi-Fi modem.

Answers

• Dapfizzer
    Dapfizzer Posts: 10,182 ✭✭

@pash

Hi,

do you have the option of connecting one of your devices directly to the modem? You could thus join the Easy Connect page of Fizz when you open your browser, which would allow you to choose a new password of your choice, as well as to change the name of your network (SSID).

• Dapfizzer
    Dapfizzer Posts: 10,182 ✭✭

@pash

This operation, when you install the modem for the first time, is more efficient when your device is directly connected to the modem.

• StefanM
    StefanM Posts: 1,453 ✭✭

The best thing would be to contact Fizz support. They can immediately tell you what you need to do. We are a forum of users, just like you. To contact Fizz support go to My Settings --> Contact Froms --> Green Chat Bubble

This discussion has been closed.