Can i buy a second discounted phone under the same plan?

Options
RyanB
RyanB Posts: 1 ✭✭

I got a discounted phone a few months back and looking to get another cheaper pre loved phone (also on discount) for when im out hiking/biking. Will i be able to get another discounted phone without getting another plan?

Best Answers

• Dapfizzer
    Dapfizzer Posts: 10,182 ✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options

@RyanB

Hi Ryan,

No this is not possible because each phone purchased at a discount must be linked to a plan.

*The important thing is that the number of active mobile plans in your account is the same as the number of phones you bought with a rebate.

Source: https://fizz.ca/en/faq/how-do-promotional-rebates-offered-some-phones-sold-fizz-work

• MyriamC
    MyriamC Posts: 920 ✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options

To get another discounted phone, you will need another plan, depending on the condition of the discount. so check the conditions first

according to this :

The important thing is that the number of active mobile plans in your account is the same as the number of phones you bought with a rebate. So, if you only bought one phone with a rebate, you need at least one active mobile plan in your account. 

If a promotional rebate is offered on the phone you’re considering, remember that this rebate is conditional on you having an active Fizz mobile plan for an uninterrupted period of several months following the purchase date of that phone. Or, if you don’t already have a Fizz mobile plan, that you activate one within 7 days following the delivery of your phone and that you keep that plan active for an uninterrupted period of several months.

How many months does this uninterrupted period represent? 

- If you bought your phone before 2021-05-27 include, this uninterrupted period totals 12 months.  

- If you bought your phone after 2021-05-28, this uninterrupted period totals 24 months.  

Answers

• StefanM
    StefanM Posts: 1,453 ✭✭
    Options

Technically there is no limit on how many phones you can purchase from Fizz. However, if Fizz provides you with a promotional discount, then you can only buy one per plan as you need to stay a Fizz customer for a specific amount of time in order to benefit from the discount. Hope this helps :)

This discussion has been closed.