outgoing calls barred

Elizabeth J. #17914
Elizabeth J. #17914 Posts: 5 ✭✭
edited October 2021 in My Mobile

Hello,

I cannot access my voicemail nor make outgoing calls, though I can receive calls. What is going on?

I am paid up, and I have turned off the phone and turned it back on again. Still it does not work.

How do I SPEAK TO A PERSON?

Answers

• Hello, I have a few suggestions. Check the settings in the app for calling to see if somehow it has been set to block outgoing calls. If this isn't the issue clear the cache and data in your calling app. Reset and/or re-install the FIZZ APN settings under Cellular Network. If this doesn't solve it contact Fizz Customer Service to request help. They may ask that you reset your phone to backup your phone data, contacts, photos, etc. and reset your phone to factory settings. Hope these suggestions solve your issue.

• MyriamC
    MyriamC Posts: 920 ✭✭

Make sure you are in a zone that has adequate coverage.

See our network coverage map

If you are outside the Fizz network, you can connect via our partner network.

Learn about accessing our partner network

Troubleshooting:
    Make sure you have minutes
    1. If your plan does not contain any minute, you will not be able to make or receive calls on your phone.
    2. Several options are available to you in My Account under ''Manage plan'' to regularize the situation:
    • Add-ons (Immediate)
    • Wallet (Immediate)
    • Make changes to this plan (At the end of the payment cycle) 
    2. Go to My plans.
    Restart your phone
    1. Reboot (power cycle) your phone by holding down the phone’s start button for 10 seconds.
    2. After you reboot, your applications will reload. Your phone will then re-authenticate to the Fizz mobile network. This will allow your phone to recover its authorization to access the network
    Make sure your phone selects the Fizz mobile network
    1. IMPORTANT: Before starting this process, make sure the SIM card is inserted in your phone. Otherwise, the Mobile networks menu will not be visible.
    3. The steps for enabling your phone to automatically select a network varies depending on the type of phone. Here are two examples:
    4. Android: Settings → Connections → Mobile networks → Network operators → Search networks → Automatic/Fizz
    5. iPhone: Settings → Operators → Automatic/Fizz
    Does the recipient block calls?
    1. Check if the recipient(s) has/have blocked your call.
    2. The person you are calling may have blocked calls from specific numbers, here's how to check if this is the case. 
    3. Note: This check must be made from the phone of the person you are trying to reach.
    4. The process for checking if calls are blocked may vary from phone to phone. Here are two examples:
    5. AndroidPhone → Click on the three dots at the top right of your screen → Settings → Block numbers
    6. iPhoneSettings → Phone → Call blocking & identification 
    7. Alternate solution: Dial #31# before the number of the person you want to contact.

8. This command will mask your phone number, possibly resolving the issue by bypassing the number block.
    Is it a long distance call?
    1. If it a long distance call, make sure you dial the number and the area code correctly.

2. If a digit is wrong or missing, the call cannot be directed correctly to the recipient.
    3. It is recommended to add the ''+'' sign in front of the full number when making international calls by holding down the zero (0) key, especially when you are travelling.
    Test using a different mobile phone
    1. If possible, do a test using a different mobile phone.
    2. If you have access to a phone that is compatible with the Fizz mobile network, insert your Fizz SIM card into this phone and see if you can reproduce the problem. This will tell you if your phone is the source of the problem.
    • If the issue cannot be reproduced and is therefore limited to your phone, it may be necessary to reset your phone to its default settings.
    •  
    • If the issue does occur on the second phone, there could be an issue with our systems. Report this issue to one of our customer support representatives
    •  
    1. Conversely, if you do not have access to another phone compatible with the Fizz network but do have access to another active Fizz SIM card with a plan that includes mobile data, insert this card into your phone.
    • If the situation does not occur with this second SIM card, your phone could be the cause. It may be necessary to reset your phone to its default settings.
    •  
    • If the situation cannot be reproduced, it may be an issue with the line and/or the original SIM card. Report this issue to one of our customer support representatives.
    Other FAQs of interest :