Cellular Signal Not Available within Fizz Confirmed Coverage Area

Options
21_es
21_es Posts: 2 ✭✭

I do not have access to cellular signal via Fido in a Fizz Coverage Area. Will I run into the same issue when I subscribe to Fizz Canada with a Quebec Address?

Best Answer

• MyriamC
    MyriamC Posts: 920 ✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options

Fizz is using the Videotron's network.

You can double check the Videotron coverage ?

https://fizz.ca/en/faq/subscription-area-and-coverage-area

What is the difference between my coverage area and subscription area?

Your coverage area is where you can use your Fizz plan without paying roaming fees. When you subscribed and created your plan, you chose your coverage area: Quebec, Canada or USA + Canada. If you roam outside your coverage area, you can use your Fizz plan on our partner networks. Log into your account any time to change your coverage area: How to change your plan.

If you selected the Quebec coverage in your plan, consider buying a Travel Add-on or an International call Add-on to make your calls to Canada or the United States.

The subscription area is the area where you must live to be a Fizz subscriber.

If you live in the subscription area and your address is not recognized, do not hesitate to contact us so that we check with you.

Good to know:

• The Quebec coverage area also includes the Ottawa region.
    • Hawaii and Alaska are included in the Canada + U.S. coverage area, but not Puerto Rico (that destination is included in the Latin America zone in the Add-ons)

Use your Fizz account to check whether a destination is included or not in your coverage area. Once logged in, under your mobile plan, click on Manage / Add-ons. Enter the destination.

• If the search gives no result, it means that the destination is included in the coverage area you chose for your plan.
    • If to the contrary you see various price options to make or receive calls for this country, this means that this destination is not included in your coverage area.

Answers

• StefanM
    StefanM Posts: 1,453 ✭✭
    Options

Fizz is owned by Vidéotron. As long as there is a network there you will have service. The coverage map of Fizz is pretty accurate. Especially if you have a Canada wide plan you will always have a connection.

Don’t forget to use a referral code when you sign up. That way you can get a bill credit :)

This discussion has been closed.