My payment is unsuccessful

Shahrzad
Shahrzad Posts: 5 ✭✭

Hello.

I have a problem with paying my mobile plane bill. I hadn't had changed my payment method, but this month fizz texted me that my monthly payment has been failed. I tried to add my credit card info again, but the problem is not solved. Now, fizz doesn't give me service. What should I do?

Best Answer

• MyriamC
    MyriamC Posts: 920 ✭✭
    Answer ✓

Is your credit card expired?

The update must take place 24 hours before the start of your plan’s next payment cycle to ensure your account is updated in time for your next payment. You must add a new credit card before removing the one currently associated to your account.

To update your payment method  Go to My Plans in your account. Click on Manage > Payment method.

Once your payment method has been updated in your Fizz account, you must associate it to each plan you want to pay with that card. That is not done automatically. To associate your payment method to each of your plans:

1. Log into your Fizz account.

2. Select the plan, and click on Manage/Payment method

Was your payment rejected?

If your monthly payment fails, you will receive a communication to let you know, and you will need to take action before 10 p.m. that same night by either:

• Updating your payment method in your Fizz account.

OR

• Making a credit card payment in order to release funds and allow for your Fizz payment to go through.
    •  
    Tip for the billing address associated to your credit card

When you enter the information for your payment method, the billing address associated to your card must correspond to the address you declared to your bank for that card. The right info must be entered in the corresponding fields, and the address needs to be 100% identical. Pay attention to the following items:

• The name of the street (Ave, avenue)
    • Special works (Saint, St, Ste)
    • Hyphens
    • Spaces
    • Spelling
    •  

Tip: Make a copy and paste of what is written in your bank account.

If the address and postal code that you associate to your payment method are not identical to that declared to your bank, you won’t be able to add this payment method.

IMPORTANT

Only one last attempt will be made between 10 p.m. and 11:59 p.m. on the day preceding your plan’s anniversary date to collect the amount due.  

If your payment fails once again, your plan will be deactivated, and you will be notified. You will be informed of the two steps to complete (in this order) to reactivate your service, those being:

1. Check your payment method: Is your payment method up to date? If you need to add a new one, make sure to set it as the default payment method for your plan.
    2. Make a payment now: Once your default payment method is all set and up-to-date for this plan, look for the Make my monthly payment button in your account. This will trigger a payment attempt, and your service will be reactivated once the payment is confirmed.

Once your payment has been received and confirmed by Fizz (please allow a delay of up to two hours), your plan will be reactivated.

What happens if the payment is not processed before the end of my payment cycle?

If the payment is not processed before the end of your payment cycle, the Fizz subscription associated to this plan will be automatically cancelled:

• In the case of a mobile plan, your SIM card and your telephone number (which could be assigned to another Fizz member) will be deactivated. Your Fizz subscription will be cancelled, and you will lose all of your rolled over data. Any funds left in your Fizz wallet will be reimbursed via the payment method associated to your Fizz account.  
    • In the case of a Home Internet plan, your subscription will be deactivated and cancelled. The instructions to return your Fizz Wi-Fi modem will be sent to you, but also remain available in the My Account section of the website.

This process occurs automatically; you will receive automated reminders.

Can I keep my phone number if my mobile plan is cancelled due to a payment failure?

When your mobile plan is cancelled due to a payment failure, you risk the lost of the associated phone number. It is therefore VERY important, if you want to keep your phone number, to pay your outstanding balance as soon as possible.

We keep the phone number in our systems for a period of 60 days following the deactivation date. If you want to transfer your number to another provider, you’ll have to reactivate your plan because only active numbers can be transferred. 

Read more:

What payment methods can I use?

How do payment cycles work?

How do I update my payment method or credit card information?

Answers

This discussion has been closed.