How many GB of mobile data I can transfer from 1st Fizz phone to 2nd Fizz cell ?

Options
kokoboko
kokoboko Posts: 324 ✭✭

Hi friends,

I was wondering how much data in GB can I transfer from my plan to my wife's plan in a month.

Let s say our Fizz cells : 1st one I have 15 Gb in my plan and 2nd one my wife only 3 Gb monthly.

Is it possible to share from my 15 GB to her? Can I transfer as much as I want? Like 1, 2,.....15 Gb or there is a limit ? Also is there any limited number of times per bill cycle?

I'm not sure how much she will use and sometimes probably she will need more data from my plan.

Also what is happening with the data that I will transfer to her if she is not using it? It rolls over 3 months ?

Thank you so much!

Best Answers

• Clive_ref_code_73TF9
    Clive_ref_code_73TF9 Posts: 545 ✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hello, I don't believe Fizz limits the amount of data you can gift. If you do not know how much she will use, gift a smaller amount and more again as needed. And whenever data is about to expire, gift it to her and then back to you. I believe gifted data rolls over and expires as regular data within a plan. A purchased data add-on is the only data that does not expire. If you have issues, contact Fizz customer service, they are helpful.

• Dapfizzer
    Dapfizzer Posts: 10,182 ✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options

@kokoboko

Hi,

when you're gifting data, even if it's between your own phones on your plan, you must gift at least 500 MB (0.5 GB), and there is no maximum.

Source: https://fizz.ca/en/faq/what-is-data-gifting-and-how-does-it-work#3

Answers

• Catherine B. 64776
    Options

For how long gifted data is valid, my usage overview indicates '' 35 days left '' when data is gifted to me.

• Dapfizzer
    edited October 2021
    Options

Hi Catherine,

gifted data is valid until the end of the recipient’s payment cycle that follows the cycle during which the data was gifted. For example, say I receive gifted data on May 15, but my payment cycle ends on May 27. That gifted data will therefore be valid up until the end of my next payment cycle on June 27th.

Gifted data cannot be rolled over. If the recipient doesn't use that data before the end of the payment cycle that follows the cycle during which he received it, the gifted data will be deleted.

To see how long gifted data is valid:

1. Go to My Plans in your Fizz account.
    2. Under the plan you wish to view (if you have more than one) click on See usage.
    3. This will open the Usage screen, which lists all your gifts, Add-Ons, Rollovers, etc. The blue arrow will tell you which data bucket you are currently using. On the right hand side you can see how many days are left for your gifted data.

Source: https://fizz.ca/en/faq/what-is-data-gifting-and-how-does-it-work#4

• MyriamC
    MyriamC Posts: 920 ✭✭
    Options

Be careful that you have to give data before it is transferred to the next cycle, afterwards you will be able to give only data from your current cycle

• kokoboko
    kokoboko Posts: 324 ✭✭
    Options

thank you !!

• Dapfizzer
    Options

@kokoboko

You're welcome!

This discussion has been closed.