how to i transfer my fizz number to fido?

Options

I have contacted fido to transfer my fizz number. I am supposed to get a confirmation msg and reply "YES" to complete the transfer. But I have tried multiple times, never have i received any msg. What am I missing?

Answers

• Emporium
    Emporium Posts: 2,303 ✭✭
    edited September 2021
    Options

Hi @jackfruit

You just initiate a number porting with Fido.

You will need to provide your fizz account number & your phone number.

You can get your account number directly from your profile when you log in:

https://zone.fizz.ca/dce/customer-ui-prod/#/account/profile

Once Fido makes the request to Fizz for a number transfer, you will get a text from Fizz to confirm that you made the request. You have 90 minutes from that moment, to replyto that text. After that, it is all in the hands of Fido, You can also call Fido to confirm that they have made the request.

• jackfruit
    jackfruit Posts: 5 ✭✭
    Options

Thanks for your replay @Emporium. I have done all the steps, but could not get any confirmation message from fizz.

• Emporium
    edited September 2021
    Options

What does Fido say ? Do you have a confirmation that FIDO have sent the request to Fizz ? Don't know what time you made the request, but maybe Fizz processes these requests only during business hours, so if it was past thier normal business hours, it would be processed in the morning.

If you still need help, you can contact a Fizz customer service agent

• Sign into your account
    • Follow the link on this page: https://fizz.ca/en/faq/status-services
    • Wait 3 seconds for the green bubble with a '?' appears at the bottom right of the browser, if you use a phone you must use it in desktop or horizontal mode
    • Choose the option 💬 chat
    • If the green bubble does not appear make sure your ad blocker is disabled, otherwise try with another browser.

Other means of contact

CHAT however is the quickest method.

• jackfruit
    Options

Thanks, I guess I will try the Chat tomorrow.

I went through the process 3 times during business hours, each time I got confirmation from Fido that they sent the request. But no message on my Fizz number.

Could it be the phone I'm using? I have an iPhone but I made sure there was no number on the blocklist.

• Emporium
    Options

I doubt it. If you can receive texts from others (on your number), you should be able to receive these texts on the same number. I'm assuming your plan is still active with Fizz, and you can still receive texts.

• jackfruit
    Options