Enterprise texts not being received

Options

Hi,

My wife and I have just switched to Fizz. I switched first to see if everything looked good and stable... it did. But now she switched and she is not receiving any enterprise sms so far. For example, Sunlife 2-factor, Loblaws online order confirmation, etc. All used to work last week when she was with Koodo.

I tested and I'm receiving those. Only difference I guess is I have a 819 area code phone number, she has a 613 (Ottawa/Ontario). Fizz had said we need to contact each company and check what aggregator they send it to as Fizz isn't supposed to be blocking anything...

Has anyone else run into this issue? I did see some issues about 2fa etc. Oh and she is receiving sms from me or another friend with Bell. So we know those are working. Also chekced APN and it's all good.

I knew going with fizz i shouldn't expect much in terms of support but figured heh... this isn't rocket science. They leverage Videotron's network which works fine. So it'll be fine. I didn't think something so basic could be all messed up...

Anyway, if anyone has any other suggestions beside "Contact every company out there", I'm a taker!! :)

Answers

• PF_Ref_D2U9A
    PF_Ref_D2U9A Posts: 5,757 ✭✭
    edited September 2021
    Options

Hi

She should try restarting her phone. Also make sure she is receiving texts from everyone else.

You can try swapping SIM cards too to see if the problem is hardware or service related.

• PF_Ref_D2U9A
    Options

If the problem continues, you can contact Fizz customer service by opening this link: https://fizz.ca/en/faq/resolving-issues and simply scroll down until you see the green bubble, then click on it to start your chat session with Fizz customer service.

They will surely be able to help you.

You can also do it on Facebook: https://facebook.com/fizzca

-By private message on Twitter : https://mobile.twitter.com/fizz_ca

-Whatsapp : (438) 393-5814

• PhilippeMorin
    PhilippeMorin Posts: 3 ✭✭
    Options

Hi,

As I wrote, already contacted fizz chat which escalated to support which replied via email (apparently they can't call us!). They say to contact Sunlife (and other companies) to verify what aggregator they send it to.

Rebooted phone, switch sim to my phone (issue follows sim not phone), checked APN, etc.

• PF_Ref_D2U9A
    Options

If you're both with Fizz mobile and you are receiving the texts, perhaps there is an issue with her number.

You can also try confirming/updating her number again with Sunlife and the other companies since she switched mobile provider.

• PhilippeMorin
    PhilippeMorin Posts: 3 ✭✭
    Options

No, her issue is switching to Fizz. It was working a day before the switch, and not right after. Her number is fine. Oh and since enterprise texts seem to be a weak point for Fizz, I'm starting to test more.... apparently 2 factor from Revenu Québec doesn't work either! On either of our numbers! Guess we'll go back to our old mobile provider, what a shame