Fizz Modem not received? I did return it! August 24th, 2021! Now they want 300$

Options

I don't understand. I returned the modem on August 24th around noon. I ABSOLUTELY returned this modem. I printed the bar code needed, went to the post office, they scanned the bar code, printed the label, and accepted the parcel. I made sure to pack it properly too.

I do not have the tracking number.

I refuse to pay 300$ for an item I know for a fact I returned! I will cancel my credit card if I must, to avoid this scam charge!

I spoke to Customer service, they were not very helpful. Anyone else have this experience? What happened to you? How long after did you wait until you received a confirmation that the modem was successfully received?

Best Answer

• Emporium
    Emporium Posts: 2,303 ✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options

@Mary N. #34414

It can take some time to process the return. Once they do, they will process the credit. However you should have kept a copy of the return receipt/tracking number. No matter what, until a confirmation is had, you should always hold onto them. Even more important nowadays, since couriers are still NOT taking signatures on deliveries :( What I typically do, is I have all the courier apps on my phone (UPS, Fedex, Canada Post) and whenever I send something, I also use the app and scan the bar codes, to have a record of them and to know when they are received. The apps keep track of all historical scans for quite some time.

In my case, I returned my modem to my previous ISP, coincidently on Aug 24th also. Unfortunately, even in my case, my previous ISP has yet to confirm that they have processed the return of my modem, so they are holding onto a balance that they owe me.

I know it is frustrating, but it should not be much longer. It does not help that we had the labour day long weekend in between, and with many people working remote, many companies were short staffed both the week before and the week of labour day.

Answers

• PF_Ref_D2U9A
    PF_Ref_D2U9A Posts: 5,783 ✭✭
    edited September 2021
    Options

You can contact Fizz customer service again by opening this link: https://fizz.ca/en/faq/resolving-issues and simply scroll down until you see the green bubble, then click on it to start your chat session with Fizz customer service.

However you will need to provide some proof that you have returned the modem. Otherwise you will need to wait until Fizz processes the return, then they will refund any excess charge back on your credit card.

You can also do it on Facebook: https://facebook.com/fizzca

-By private message on Twitter : https://mobile.twitter.com/fizz_ca

-Whatsapp : (438) 393-5814

• Mary N. #34414
    Mary N. #34414 Posts: 3 ✭✭
    Options

I know, I completely regret misplacing my tracking number. I have torn my house upside down looking for that darn receipt. I even called the post office where i submitted the parcel to see if they could reprint that ticket receipt from the day I submitted. They said they could not.

Thank you very much for your words of encouragement, and for also mentioning about the labour day holiday. This has been a very valuable lesson for me.

• Emporium
    Emporium Posts: 2,303 ✭✭
    Options

Processing of returned modems is typically not the highest priority I am sure. However hopefully by next week it'll be sorted out.