Can one home address have two internet accounts under two different names? Thx

Answers

• Dapfizzer
    Dapfizzer Posts: 10,182 ✭✭
    edited September 2021
    Options

@BZzz

Hi,

the answer is no, it’s one device per address. If there's already a modem registered to one address you'll be unable to order another one, the system will block the transaction.

• PF_Ref_D2U9A
    PF_Ref_D2U9A Posts: 5,787 ✭✭
    Options

Hi BZzz

You can have two different internet services at the same address. For example, Fizz and Videotron home internet services at the same time.

As stated, you can have only 1 Fizz internet service per address.

• Emporium
    Emporium Posts: 2,303 ✭✭
    Options

Not of the same technology.

What many do when sharing appartments, and did not want to share internet was one would get a service based on videotron cable network, and the other the bell network. That way they had 2 internet services, in the same location.

• Emporium
    Emporium Posts: 2,303 ✭✭
    Options

Just a heads up, You need to be carefull with that. That is not always feasable (at least it wasn't a few years ago).

I know that when I left from videotron to go with my 3rd party ISP, my ISP could NOT book an appointment to get the service installed, because videotron technical department (at the time) kept saying that an active service already existed at my address. So I had to time the expiration of my videotron service with the installation date of the new service.

However going forward, when I just recently moved from my 3rd party ISP to fizz, I had no issue keeping a 10 day overlap between both cable services.

So not sure if Videotron turns a blind eye when moving towards their branded services, but stricter on 3rd parties.

• PF_Ref_D2U9A
    PF_Ref_D2U9A Posts: 5,787 ✭✭
    Options

If I read the posts correctly, it seems you can have Fizz home internet service added if you already have a cable internet service.

However, it doesn't work the other way around on the same cable internet network. If you already have Fizz home internet, then you cannot have another internet plan on the same cable network.