No contact?

Options
Hana
Hana Posts: 4 ✭✭

My appointment was supposed to be between 7:30 and 12:00. It’s 20 minutes past noon and still nothing. Is this normal?

Answers

• PF_Ref_D2U9A
    PF_Ref_D2U9A Posts: 5,760 ✭✭
    Options

I think it happens that they can be late if the last appointment took longer than expected.

Hopefully the technician will come soon. Keep a look out by the front door, on your phone and check your email to see if you have any notification.

• PF_Ref_D2U9A
    Options

Unfortunately if the appointment is missed, you will have to go on your account tomorrow to reschedule.

You can also contact Fizz customer service by opening this link: https://fizz.ca/en/faq/resolving-issues and simply scroll down until you see the green bubble, then click on it to start your chat session with Fizz customer service.

They will surely be able to help you.

• Dapfizzer
    Dapfizzer Posts: 10,182 ✭✭
    Options

@Hana

Hi Hana,

maybe the technician was unable to fulfill is engagements due to the previous installation which would have taken longer than expected. Sorry but you'll have to reschedule a new appointment...

To reschedule your technician appointment:

1. Log into your account and go to Manage plan.
    2. Click on Appointments.
    3. Here you will be able to see a complete list of all your past and future appointments.
    4. Scroll to the appointment you wish to modify.
    • To reschedule an appointment, click on Reschedule.
      • This will open the booking interface. Select a new day and time slot and click Save.
      • Beware — if you just finished scheduling your appointment, please allow a 3-hour delay for the Reschedule button to appear in your account.

Source: https://fizz.ca/en/faq/how-do-i-manage-appointment-technician-visit-my-service-address

• Hana
    Options

If the technician is another no show I’m sorry but I’m switching companies. This is the second appointment I’ve scheduled with you and your service has proven horrible even before we have it.

• PF_Ref_D2U9A
    Options

@Hana

Any news yet? Hopefully the technician was able to make the appointment this time.

• Hana
    edited September 2021
    Options

The technician simply did not show up. No contact, no apology, nothing. We waited an entire week for this appointment as it was the earliest one available. I broke the rules at work by having my phone on hand to called my roommate once the technician arrives so that I wouldn’t miss the call as last time the driver left after I missed the call by a few minutes (he only called once and then proceeded to lie saying he called multiple times and was incredibly rude). Anyways I got nothing in terms of explanation or contact at all and I am not at all impressed. I see no reason to stay loyal to a company that clearly sees no value in honouring it’s clients time. I gave it two shots and honestly I am disappointed and insulted. I have contacted Videotron and they have availability for tomorrow. Not a week away. The next day. Thank you for the responsiveness of the forum assistants, you have all been lovely and it’s not your fault. However I would like to advise that this not become one of your company practices as it’s insulting. Hold your technicians accountable. It’s not hard to provide basic services.

• Dapfizzer
    Dapfizzer Posts: 10,182 ✭✭
    Options

I fully understand your disappointment especially in this situation, which has happened twice. The irony of this story is that the technicians are not Fizz employees, but Videotron employees.

I hope this time the technician will be more courteous and fulfill his commitments.

• Emporium
    Emporium Posts: 2,303 ✭✭
    Options

Sorry to heat that @Hana

Like Dapfzzer said, it is videotron Techs that do the install for Fizz (actually for all ISP, that use Videotron Cable network).

I Do remember the last tech that had come to do my install 5 or 6 years ago when I had gone with my previous ISP. Was a videotron tech (as expected), and he was super rude even during the appontment. Went around replacing everything (splitters, coax cable ends, etc...) saying they were all junk. I asked for all my old parts back and I pointed out the splitters (old/new) were the exact same brand and model (one was a v1, vs v2 model - slightly newer). The crimp on ends were done by his previous collegue (5 years ago, who was great) and were all standard compression fittings. After changing everything, only then did he measure the signal strength. When I asked him why he did not just check the signal before changing everything, to have something to compare a before/after, he got very agressive. I suspect he get's extra $$ for anything he "needs" to change, so he decided to change everything.

Sorry to hear about your bad experience. I agree that Videotron needs to put more effort in the appointments, on thier Fizz brand.

This discussion has been closed.