People aren't able to leave me any voicemails

Options
ibonneau
ibonneau Posts: 2 ✭✭
edited September 2021 in My Mobile

Hello, 

Ever since Fizz has set up a new voicemail system in June, I have been having problems with my voicemail. No one is able to leave me a message when they call me. For the record, voicemail IS enabled in my phone plan.

Here is precisely what they hear when they call me and it goes to voicemail:

“If you’re calling to retrieve your voicemail, press 1. If you’re calling to deposit a message, press 2.”

Then they press 2.

“We’re sorry, but we can’t automatically find the voicemail box for this number. Their voicemail is not setup correctly or the telephone network is not providing the information we need. To leave a message, please leave the full phone number you are calling and we’ll see if we can find a mailbox for that number.”

What is that? Why is it so complicated? I have talked with Fizz agents many times since June and no one has been able to fix this issue which is quite frustrating and disappointing.

How can I fix this?

Thanks,

Isabelle

Best Answer

• Emporium
    Emporium Posts: 2,303 ✭✭
    edited September 2021 Answer ✓
    Options

Hi @ibonneau

I am assuming you have voicemail in your plan ;) As you are already aware, fizz changed thier voicemail recently (early June). Maybe during the migration from old to new system there was a glitch and some accounts may not have come over properly. You sure you don't have "call fowarding enabled" ? :)

If you try to access you voicemail from your phone, does everything seem normal ? ie: can you navigate the menus and here your greeting options ?

If the problem persists, you may want to consider contacting customer service rep, and maybe ask them to see if they can RESET your mailbox completely.

• Sign into your account
    • Follow the link on this page: https://fizz.ca/en/faq/status-services
    • Wait 3 seconds for the green bubble with a '?' appears at the bottom right of the browser, if you use a phone you must use it in desktop or horizontal mode
    • Choose the option 💬 chat
    • If the green bubble does not appear make sure your ad blocker is disabled, otherwise try with another browser.

Answers

This discussion has been closed.