How can I request adding a country to a data plan for roaming

Nilvap
Nilvap Posts: 16 ✭✭

Hello,

I'd like to know how I can request adding or at least reviewing the options by the company for adding of a country to a Zone.

I am planning to travel to Bulgaria and reviewing the options this seems to be the only country from EU that is not actually in the Europe zone. In spite of the fact that it takes part of the EU and the EU regulations on the prices are in effect there. Even countries outside of the EU take part of the Europe zone like Serbia, but not Bulgaria.

In two words has anybody attempted opening a request with Fizz for adding a zone plan for a particular country and what is the way to do it?

Thanks a lot,

Best Answer

• Emporium
    Emporium Posts: 2,303 ✭✭
    Answer ✓

Hi @Nilvap

We are all just users here, so not much we can do for this.

For what it is worth, it is probably best handled if you discuss directly with a customer service agent

• Sign into your account
    • Follow the link on this page: https://fizz.ca/en/faq/status-services
    • Wait 3 seconds for the green bubble with a '?' appears at the bottom right of the browser, if you use a phone you must use it in desktop or horizontal mode
    • Choose the option 💬 chat
    • If the green bubble does not appear make sure your ad blocker is disabled, otherwise try with another browser.

Answers

• Emporium

Hi @Nilvap

I don't know if anyone has ever made such a request. Odds are that there are not many partners in the area that are willing to make a deal. Also, pretty sure even if they were to agree to look into it, it would not be something quick, since they would need to negotiate with a partner to allow the services and sign all sorts of contracts with the details.

Also, keep in mind that the roaming options in most countries with Fizz only give you access to Data and Texts while abroad. Calls can only be made from Canada and the US only. As far as I know, there is NO calling option with fizz when you are outside of Canada/US.

You will probably be better served with getting local SIM card during you trip to Bulgaria.

Fizz rates in Bulgaria are NOT cheap. It is $8/MB (ouch) and $0.30 per SMS, and no calling from there.

https://fizz.ca/en/travel

• Nilvap
    Nilvap Posts: 16 ✭✭

Thank you very much for the response.

I saw the Fizz rates and that's why I want to request they find a partner there. I don't care about the Calling as I have VOIP. It is just weird they didn't cover this particular country. And I don't mind if it takes some time as my traveling is not soon.

Of course I know about the option of having a disposable sim card there but in some cases it might be more convenient using Fizz's sim card for the data especially with the European group roaming rates and especially if you are planning to travel in more than one countries.

I noticed that all the traveling sim cards I checked have a very good rate for Bulgaria so this makes me wonder why Fizz doesn't. I understand this is rather a rare destination but ... if you have a Europe group then at least you cover the EU countries ...

• Emporium

Other means of contact

CHAT however is the quickest method.

• StefanM
    StefanM Posts: 1,453 ✭✭

As already suggested, I would reach out to Fizz support directly so that they take note of it. Also Fizz is very active here in the forum so I am certain the will see it. Posting it was the right first step :)