No international calls working after I bought and International add-on and put funds in my wallet

Options

I'm in Mexico and bought an International add-on for 6$, I've also put funds on my wallet. However, when I try to call, I get a voice error "At this time, you haven't service activated for outgoing calls. If you need assistance call *611 and one of our agents will assist you"

Neither, calls or assistance (*611) are working

I have turned off the option "No international calls - Block outgoing international calls on this plan" (Actually, it was always off)

I can see that I've bought the Add-on for $6.00 AND 2$ in my wallet

I need to call urgently to Canada. What is the solution?

Best Answer

• Emporium
    Emporium Posts: 2,303 ✭✭
    edited September 2021 Answer ✓
    Options

Hi @Maria O. #13121

Being in Mexico, FIZZ does not have any coverage for phone calls. Making calls is only possible from Canada/US.

The addon you bought is for making calls from CANADA/US to Mexico (ie: making long distance calls to Mexico).

While in Mexico, the only option available with FIZZ is for data (pay as you go or prepaid blocks), and texting (pay as you go).

From https://fizz.ca/en/travel :

If you need to make calls back to Canada, you can possibly get a 1GB data block, and use one of those free phone apps (VoIP style), like textnow, or similar.

Sorry to have to give you the news, once you are already at your destination.

This discussion has been closed.