CALL ISSUES - today September 3rd

Options

Is anybody having call issues today? I get calls with poor quality and static. Sometimes i cant hear the people on the other end? I looks like a cellphone service issue?

Answers

• Phil24
    Phil24 Posts: 26 ✭✭
    Options

It started Monday, August 30th for me. People cannot hear me but I can hear people. Been going on the whole week everyday. I use my phone a lot.

Hey Fizz, what is going on with your cellphone network?

• Emporium
    Emporium Posts: 2,303 ✭✭
    Options

@François-Philippe and @Daniel Farmer

Sorry to hear about the issue with the mobile network. In these forums we are mostly users trying to help users. Just curious, have you contacted a customer service agent to report the issues ?

Are the problems with the network REGARDLESS of where you are located ?

To contact a customer service agent

• Sign into your account
    • Follow the link on this page: https://fizz.ca/en/faq/status-services
    • Wait 3 seconds for the green bubble with a '?' appears at the bottom right of the browser, if you use a phone you must use it in desktop or horizontal mode
    • Choose the option 💬 chat
    • If the green bubble does not appear make sure your ad blocker is disabled, otherwise try with another browser.

Other means of contact

CHAT however is the quickest method.

• Emporium
    Options

Hi @Daniel Farmer

@François-Philippe contacted support in regards to his issue. They asked him to switch network operator to "Fizz EXT / RAT : LTE", they say the "EXT" it's the network provided by their partners outside of their subscription area.

If you would like to try it, and report back if that is any better.

Hope it can help.

• Patricia T. #35405
    Options

Also having this issue, chat doesn't work. Tried messenger but not live

🙄

• Emporium
    Options

@Patricia T. #35405

Did you make sure your ad blocker is disabled ?

If that doesn't help, maybe try with another browser (firefox, edge, safari, etc..)

• Patricia T. #35405
    Options

@Emporium yes, pop ups are on.

Tried from laptop, cell, etc.

Messenger worked, awaiting response.

For sometime now people try calling me and can't get through.

If they do, they complain of not being able to hear me, line cutting in and out, line dropping, etc. If I try placing a call, it takes a few seconds to connect and sometimes the call eventually connects, others not at all.

Also about a week or two ago I got a text saying that I reached my max data. I immediately logged in and added extra data and applied to modify my plan only to find out much later that there was a network error and in fact I was no where near the end of my data.

2021/08/27 Mobile Monthly Plan $36.17

2021/08/16 Mobile Add-ons $13.80

2021/07/27 Mobile Monthly Plan $30.42

I switched to fizz because of lower price and my internet is with Fizz and I was happy with that. My Fizz mobile plan right now is $31.00 Data 3 GB | Minutes Unlimited | Texts Unlimited | Coverage Quebec. My previous carrier Virgin just sent me a sim card to return to them for $40 Data 10 GB | Minutes Unlimited | Texts Unlimited | Coverage Canada.

This discussion has been closed.