I cannot find the outlet in my apartment and I made a self-installation appointment already

Options
lotte
lotte Posts: 3 ✭✭
edited August 2021 in Internet

Hi guys! I quickly jumped on the Fizz train as their deals are much, much better than what I currently have. I rather quickly signed up for a technician delivery where I self-install (without the fee), thinking that it would be easy-peasy to do. But then after confirming that, I realized, I cannot find any cable outlet in my apartment!

I found some kind of old outlet, but it seems to have been blocked completely? So, I imagine that something new has to be installed in the apartment.

The problem is, I now cannot add the $60 installation help to my appointment anymore online. Should I cancel and reschedule the appointment, or do you guys think that I can ask the technician to install the outlet and then pay him extra once he is here in person?

I just don't want to risk not having any internet over several days and having to wait for another technician, as I have classes to attend from home.

Thanks for your help!

Best Answers

• Mike
    Mike Posts: 20,729 ✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hi @lotte

Do not worry the technician will install the cable for you it is included in the self service configuration.

The VIP installation is only the modem connection and configuration

• lotte
    edited August 2021 Answer ✓
    Options

Hi @Dapfizzer and @Mike, thank you both for responding. Your replies seem a bit contradicting - so do I need to cancel or not? I am hoping @Mike is correct here, that certainly would be easier and cheaper for me. Thanks!

Answers

• Dapfizzer
    Dapfizzer Posts: 10,182 ✭✭
    Options

@lotte

Hi,

the best would really be to cancelled this appointment and reschedule it with the VIP installation.

You can log into your Fizz account to reschedule or cancel your technician visit up to 20 hours before your appointment. Service calls (for repairs), however, are the exception. 

To reschedule your technician appointment:

1. Log into your account and go to Manage plan.
    2. Click on Appointments.
    3. Here you will be able to see a complete list of all your past and future appointments.
    4. Scroll to the appointment you wish to modify.
    • To reschedule an appointment, click on Reschedule.
      • This will open the booking interface. Select a new day and time slot and click Save.
      • Beware — if you just finished scheduling your appointment, please allow a 3-hour delay for the Reschedule button to appear in your account.
    • To cancel an appointment, click on Cancel.
      • On the next screen, confirm that you wish to cancel this appointment by clicking Cancel again.

Source: https://fizz.ca/en/faq/how-do-i-manage-appointment-technician-visit-my-service-address#3

• Dapfizzer
    Dapfizzer Posts: 10,182 ✭✭
    edited August 2021
    Options

@lotte

Really sorry, my bad!😓

Do as Mike said, he's right.

• lotte
    Options

Alright perfect, thanks for letting me know!

• DooomsDay
    DooomsDay Posts: 182 ✭✭
    Options

Don't worry, the tech will install it for you.

This discussion has been closed.