Canada wide coverage - no data outside of Quebec and Ottawa

126sdm
126sdm Posts: 2 ✭✭

Hi, I am living in Ottawa and changed over to Fizz and signed up for the bring your $35/mnth 4GB Canada wide data plan about a month ago. I have left Ottawa twice since (GTA and near Belleville) and my data cut out as soon as I was a few KM South of Ottawa. I could still text and call people but had no data until I got back to Ottawa. Any thought? Please help!! I assume Canada wide coverage means for data too right?

Answers

• Mike
    Mike Posts: 20,641 ✭✭
    edited August 2021

Hi @126sdm

you need to activate the data roaming on your phone and the data will work

If you still have problem check the APN https://fizz.ca/en/faq/what-are-fizz-network-settings-apn

• 126sdm
    126sdm Posts: 2 ✭✭

Hey, thanks! Do I pay extra fees for that? I hear data roaming and think its gonna cost me $$$$... This is how Fizz designed it? Data roaming when outsideQuebec and Ottawa?

• Mike
    Mike Posts: 20,641 ✭✭
    edited August 2021

With Fizz no, moreover you have the Canada plan therefore the data are included in all Canada. Data roaming is needed when you are not using Fizz, therefore Fizz Ext

Fizz is a prepaid service

If tomorrow you are going in US with your data roaming on, your data will not work. With the exception if you have money in the Fizz’s wallet or a travel addon.

• LeonelCarranza
    LeonelCarranza Posts: 1 ✭✭

No canada data plsn working on 2 phones this seems as fraud

• Emporium
    Emporium Posts: 2,303 ✭✭

@LeonelCarranza

You should starts your own question thread if you are having issues.

Dropping a random comment on someone else's question, that it doesn't work, is not really clear on what issue you have, what type of phone you have and what you have tried.

Have you checked that your data is enabled ? APN settings are correct ? And that Data Roaming is enabled, to allow it to use FIZZ EXT ?

This discussion has been closed.