Leaving the Country for 4 months. Can I halt both my Mobile and internet plan? Or at least one?

Options
Gustavo S.
Gustavo S. Posts: 9 ✭✭

I'm leaving Quebec for another Continent for some months. I really don't want to pay $400 for Mobile and Internet that I will not use during that period. Does Fizz offer any solution for that? What is the best option?

Thanks for your help!

Best Answer

• Emporium
    Emporium Posts: 2,303 ✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options

For Internet service, unless you have some promotional/beta pricing still, or a plan that is no longer offered, you can easily just cancel the service at the end of the current month, and return the modem. And then when you are planning to come back, you can go ahead and request a new service connection and take an install appointment for a day or 2 after your scheduled return. That way you don't lose much, and you are not paying for the period you are not here.

For Mobile, I can't comment, since I don't have their mobile service.

But once again, if you don't have any special pricing, you could just decrease your plan to the lowest possible plan, which I think is something like $12/month (quebec, with no unlimited talk/text, no voicemail and no data). That way, you would be able to keep your number. And when you are planning to get back, you can switch back to whatever plan you need/want.

Obviously keep in mind, these options are assuming you don't have any promo pricing, since when you reactivate or change plans, you will be getting the curent prices.

Answers

This discussion has been closed.