Why can I not use chat?

Options
M_J
M_J Posts: 27 ✭✭

I have tried with three different browsers and the app on my phone and I simply cannot open the support chat. Is anyone else having the same problem?

I have tried going on Facebook but they don't reply right away so it's not possible to have a real time conversation.

Please tell me how I can use the chat or otherwise contact support. Is there an email or phone number I can use?

Thanks.

Best Answers

• Emporium
    Emporium Posts: 2,303 ✭✭
    edited August 2021 Answer ✓
    Options

OK.. There is definitely some strange issue with CHAT..

I also tried with Firefox, Chrome and Edge. But what I DID find strange, is that if you stay in ENGLISH, you have this issue,. IF you switch to FRENCH first, then the chat works :)

Try it. Click on the FR logo first on the bottom of the screen, near the help. Then click on the Chat logo "clavardage". I'm sure they probably speak both english and french anyhow.

Let us know how it goes.

EDIT: Strange, I just lost the "?" completely on all browsers :)

• Emporium
    Answer ✓
    Options

Oh ya.. Forgot to mention.. Make sure to disable any VPN or popup blockers also.

That's why a few minutes ago I could not get the "?" on browsers, since I was using it from my other machine with blockers enabled.

Answers

• M_J
    M_J Posts: 27 ✭✭
    Options

Hmm I tried switching to French and it still doesn't work for me. I'm getting the error "Dimelo.Messaging.Manager couldn't read cross domain store: Error: Closing client. Could not access localStorage in hub." That's in the console.

I tried a bunch of browsers and just a few minutes ago I tried Edge and it worked. I cleared my cache in Chrome and I still get the above error. That's the error I get in Firefox as well.

I had the ? disappear too, but mostly I see the ? but the Chat/Clavardage gives the above error message.

I am trying to see if I'm using VPN but my computer is really slow because I have like 5 different browsers open lol.

Thanks for the info. Hopefully they'll fix it. In a way, I'm glad I'm not the only one who's having the problem.

• Emporium
    Options

In English, it does absolutely nothing for me. Click on the chat option, and it just goes away.

In French, it actually comes up without an issue as long as my popup blocker (ublock origin) is disabled.

However the only page I get the "?" on, is from the status page. https://fizz.ca/en/faq/status-services

Any other page and I get no "?". Oh well.

• Yourboi
    Yourboi Posts: 188 ✭✭
    Options

It usually works on Facebook that’s odd.

• Yourboi
    Yourboi Posts: 188 ✭✭
    Options

Hope your problem is fixed.