Issue with Wifi extender

Options
DanielM05
DanielM05 Posts: 1 ✭✭

Hey guys, so im currently having an issue with setting my wifi extender with Fizz. I've had this for many years and worker very well when I was with my parents using Videotron. The Wifi extender I'm using is the TP-Link RE350K. Has anyone else had this issue with this model before? Attached below is the message I get on my app.

Answers

• bubull
    bubull Posts: 5 ✭✭
    Options

Hi !

If I were you, I will try verifying that your hub is setup right : https://fizz.ca/en/faq/my-wi-fi-network-not-available-certain-areas-my-home-how-do-i-fix-it

If you still can't make it work after that, it is possible that you extender is not compatible with Fizz unfortunatly.

I hope this can be useful to you, and I'm sorry I can't be Moore helpful.

Good luck my friend !

• vanigh
    vanigh Posts: 328 ✭✭
    Options

WiFi extenders have history of getting disconnected or dropping connections, unless they are in line and close to the router. The location is important.

• Ozzy
    Ozzy Posts: 31 ✭✭
    Options

I might need a wifi extender too. Any advice?

Fizz wi-fi modem is not that good as my previous router. Only 3 bars in my bedroom, no wi fi in the kitchen and imagine that, I am just living in a 3 1/2 apartment in downtown.

• Zenthar
    Zenthar Posts: 517 ✭✭
    Options

Was it your router or a rental/loan from your previous provider? If yours, just reuse it, if not you could buy your own and world perhaps end-up with something way better that Fizz router + extender.

• vanigh
    vanigh Posts: 328 ✭✭
    Options

Unfortunately Fizz's router/WiFi has some issues, use your own router, connected in bridge mode and if you can place it in an open space you won't need an extender.

• gogoer
    gogoer Posts: 48 ✭✭
    Options

It's better to use fizz modem just only as a modem(bridge mode). Don't use it as an all-in-one router, especially don't use its wifi features.

• Yourboi
    Yourboi Posts: 188 ✭✭
    Options

If it keeps disconnecting I suggest you contact fizz on Facebook.

• Yourboi
    Yourboi Posts: 188 ✭✭
    Options

They will probably be able to help you.

• Ozzy
    Options

The router is mine and yeah, I can use it and I know that I will have better wifi. But, I just don't wanna use a second device for the internet :)

• Zenthar
    Zenthar Posts: 517 ✭✭
    Options

The Fizz router is only a very basic one, if I had to put a price on it, it would be the equivalent of a 40-50$ one at best, using your own is probably the best way to save yourself headaches and time.

• FizzyBubblech
    FizzyBubblech Posts: 39 ✭✭
    Options

Which model does fizz offer is it the same Videotron use to give?Im not with Fizz for internet but usually the routers given are great.

besr bet is to look in store or online for a better router.

also as previously mentioned winding extenders a aren’t t great.

• Ozzy
    Options

I am a desktop guy. So it is ok for me, for now. TV is connected with a cable too.

If I need it in my kitchen, I might start thinking to use my router again.

This discussion has been closed.