How to gift data?

M_J
M_J Posts: 27 ✭✭
edited March 4 in Data Gifting

I have a bunch of bonus 1GB perks that I am not going to use and that are going to expire soon.

When I try to gift then to a referral code, it says I need to add Fizz friends first. Then when I try to do so, it won't let me do that either.

If I have someone's referral code, how do I gift data to them?

Thanks.

Comments

• Mike
    Mike Posts: 20,641 ✭✭

For the perks you need to have the phone number or the email

• M_J

Okay, thanks. Would it work if I apply the perks to my account and then gift the data?

• Mike

@M_J yes and no

If you have 2 GB of your current month, for example, you can gift them, and after enable 2Gb from the perks

But not you cannot regift :(

• M_J

You mean that I can gift whatever I have in my account now and then apply the perk to make up for it, but I can't gift any data that originated from perks? That is, unless I have the email or phone number?

I guess I'm a little confused by your word "regift". These perks were provided by Fizz, not gifted to me.

• Dapfizzer
    Dapfizzer Posts: 10,182 ✭✭
    edited August 2021

@M_J

As Mike said, you only can give perks by adding someone as a friend, by Email or phone numbers in your profile Fizz. If you activated the perks on your account than you won't be able to give it as a gift to someone else.

https://fizz.ca/en/faq/what-is-data-gifting-and-how-does-it-work

• Mike
    edited August 2021

That is how is working, you can only give the perks using the contact, therefore, having the email or phone number

You can gift whatever you have in your account from the current month, you cannot gift the rollover

I agree with you that you should be able to gift a perks using the referral code

• Yourboi
    Yourboi Posts: 188 ✭✭

You go in settings in your mobile plan. There will be an option that says “gift” press that. Then you need to put the referral code of the person you want to gift data to. The you just send it.

• Yourboi

Hope this helped.

• Yourboi

Have a nice day everyone.

This discussion has been closed.