Using Fizz while travelling to Italy

Tomer
Tomer Posts: 15 ✭✭
edited August 2021 in My Mobile

I'm planning to travel to Italy this September, and i saw already the option 'Travel Add-Ons' but i still have questions:

1. When i choose an Add-ons (in this case Data 1G/5$), is there a time limit? can it use for more that one billing cycle?
  2. When is this add-ons kicked in? do i need to purchase it at the same day i fly or in advance?
  3. It gives me the options of 250MB/500MB/1GB and if i choose all of them, i get total of 1.75GB, can double it? i might need to have more than 1.75GB
  4. What happens if i reach the balance limit? what would be the rate for each 1MB?
  5. If i receive an SMS, do i charge for it?
  6. If i receive a call but don't answer, do i get charged for it?
  7. If i send SMS while in Italy to Italy number, what are the rates?
  8. If i send SMS while in Italy to Canada number, what are the rates?
  9. If i make a call from Italy to Italy number, what are the fees?
  10. If i make a call from Italy to Canada number, what are the fees?

I really tried to find information and answers for my questions but i couldn't find.

Thank you so much for you help.

Best Answer

• Mike
    Mike Posts: 21,390 ✭✭
    Answer ✓

1 and 2) Add-Ons are active immediately. They’re valid until the end of your next payment cycle.

In other words, if there are 10 days left on your current payment cycle, your Add-On will be valid for approximately 40 days.

source: https://fizz.ca/en/faq/what-is-an-add-on-and-how-do-i-buy-one

3) You can buy multiple addons

4) if you do not have money in the Fizz wallet your internet will stop, otherwise, 0.12$ per MB

5) Fizz saying that receiving SMS is free everywhere but I do not have a guide to backup this statement

6) you are not suppose to receive calls, but if this happen you should not be charged, disable your voicemail and any transfer

7 and 8) 0.10$

9 and 10) you cannot

If you have friends or family in Italy look at this it will be easier and cheaper http://www.iliad.it/ (you can also call in Canada)

This discussion has been closed.