lost my old sim and i have a sim from someone else that was deactivated can i use it

Options

Hi! i lost my phone with its sim. i have a friend with a deactivated sim. Can i activate it with my number?

Best Answer

• Mike
    Mike Posts: 20,757 ✭✭
    edited July 2021 Answer ✓
    Options

Yes you can, you need to contact the support to swap the SIM

Go on this guide https://fizz.ca/en/faq/found-mobile, click on the green bubble on the bottom right corner, and click on chat

Answers

• reference_JW13S
    reference_JW13S Posts: 115 ✭✭
    Options

You can use a deactivated SIM card, you just need to reactivate it in your account.

To swap the SIM (the lost one to the deactivate one), you need to:

• Once you have your new phone and new SIM card, you’ll have to replace and delete your old SIM card that’s associated with your plan, and activate the new one. Replace my SIM card ((My plans > Manage > Change SIM card).
  • Mike
    Options

@reference_JW13S it does not work, in order to replace the SIM the customer must contact the support.

• reference_JW13S
    edited July 2021
    Options

@Mike then you should contact FIZZ to ask them to correct that FAQ https://fizz.ca/en/faq/found-mobile

The link brings you to the appropriate channel to chat with them :)

• Mike
    edited July 2021
    Options

@reference_JW13S Sorry but I am here to help, and if I see something that I think/know it is wrong I am saying. And I am also accepting when people they are correcting me

• reference_JW13S
    Options

gotcha... I'm just saying that if it doesn't work maybe there is a way to have Fizz to correct the FAQ? Maybe they don't allow us to change SIM card anymore following all the SIM swapping frauds going around and forgot to clarify that FAQ...

• Mike
    Options

@reference_JW13S You are right since they ask for an ID and it is more than a year that it is like that, and I believe that they are doing the right thing

This discussion has been closed.