Switching 5G to 4G, frequencies are giving me health problems

Hello, existing client here, is there any way to switch my modem to 4g only, I'm feeling really bad since we started having wifi with 5G, 🤢.

Comments

• Gallina
    Gallina Referral code A4CEX / Code de référence A4CEXPosts: 747

Which health problem do you have?

• Ebpomtl
    Ebpomtl Posts: 5

The "5G" that we hear so much about is for "5th generation". This is not the same "5G" as the one broadcasted by your router, which stands for "5 GHz".

When talking about phone's 5G, we are talking about frequencies between 28 GHz and 39GHz.

• Zenthar
    Zenthar ⭐ REFERRAL CODE: ► EH1I7 ◄ CODE RÉFÉRENCE ⭐Posts: 487

Home wifi is 2.4Ghz or 5Ghz, 3G, 4G and 5G are for cellphone and Fizz doesn't support 5G yet.

That being said, follow @Mike instructions to disable 5Ghz, you might even be able to disable 2.4Ghz if all your devices are wired (or get a router that does and put the modem in bridge mode).

• SittingRam
    SittingRam Posts: 302

take good care of yourself! Good luck

• Yourboi
    Yourboi Posts: 187

Be safe !

• There is no such thing as 4G and 5G for home internet. 4g/5G is ONLY related to mobile phones.

• LouisB
    LouisB Code de référence 2SLQ9Posts: 516
    edited August 2021

If you feel bad, see a doctor. If you experiment symptoms, it may be caused by something else than the non-ionizing electromagnetic radiation.

• Yourboi

Hope everything goes better.

• Yourboi

I honestly can’t tell.

• Yourboi

Have a nice day everyone!

• Yourboi

Stay safe.

• Youboi making a lot of points here.

• I'm gonna do like him

• Because i'm here for the points

• Also I love points.

• That sounds more like placebo than anything.

• Doomdrou
    Doomdrou Code de référence/Referral code: IH16HPosts: 543

Not a placebo, but a psychosomatic symptom. Some people are truly afraid of the 5G technology, thinking it might give them cancer, COVID-19 or psychosis among others. However, the discussion here is about 5Ghz routers, which are with us since nearly a decade, not 5G cellular technology.

I never heard about 5Ghz routers causing health problems…

• This is not a placebo. It's a nocebo.

If you are talking about Wi-Fi 5G as in home Internet, then please don't disable it. It's been around for a decade and is far less crowded than 2.4GHz spectrum which is the older standard.

I've attached an image of typical 2.4GHz spectrum in an urban environment. It's a mess.

In comparison, 5GHz is relatively uncrowded, and allows for much faster speeds with less interference and therefore fewer retransmissions. The total energy output is typically less.

If you are talking about 5G used by mobile phones, be aware that those frequencies attenuate (travel less far) than the earlier ones. So if you are concerned about exposure levels, you still want to use 5G.

And Google: nocebo.

• Deh
    Deh Referal code DWI11Posts: 236

Are you saying that it's impossible that 5G impacts someone's health in any way?

• Doomdrou
    Doomdrou Code de référence/Referral code: IH16HPosts: 543

Not impossible, as there is no zero risk for any technology. Just that it’s unlikely to have an effect on someone’s health. In this case, 5G theoretically has less potential to be a health hazard than 4G/LTE…

• redhead
    redhead Brossard, QuébecPosts: 784

I did not even think 5G was available in Canada, at least not hardware wise?

• yoddie
    yoddie Posts: 79

Contact a doctor.

It's definitely not because of your WiFi though

• Han_Solo
    Han_Solo  🏆️  Code de référence : H️WLWF  🏆️ Posts: 57

@pierrealarie

Let's do a little recap here ... we are talking about the modem, not mobile connectivity, so they're is not 3G, 4G or 5G here.

You're Fizz modem as two WiFi frequency :

2.4GHz

+ Longer maximum range

+ Better penetration power through solid object (ex. walls)

-- Same frequency as your microwave, can heat water and tissue (power related)

-- Lower bandwidth

-- Lower speed

5GHz

+ Higher bandwidth

+ Faster speed

+ More non-overlapping WiFi channel

+ Better immunity to interference

+ Includes more dynamic features such as beamforming, frequency selection and transmitting power control

-- Less range

-- Less penetration through solid object

For the same power, if you place a person in front of a 2.4GHz transmission antenna on the top of a building, the person will heat, grill and die over some time (cook by the microwave). But in front of a 5GHz transmission antenna, for the same amount of time, the person will still be alive and well. Water is efficiently activated around 2.4GHz.

« The incident microwave energy will be absorbed for a typical human, 20% for frequencies below 1 GHz and nearly 100% will be absorbed in the range of 1–2 GHz, and around 40% will be absorbed at higher frequencies (Seth and Michaelson, 1964). »

So as a senior scientist, and having kids at home, my Fizz modem is configured as followed :

• 2.4GHz WiFi disabled
    • 5GHz WiFi enabled

Take care of yourself.

• Clive
    Clive Posts: 183

Hello, as others have pointed out 5G refers to cellphone tower technology, not your Internet. If you go in to the wireless/WIFI settings of your modem, you can select to use only 2.4GHz or 5GHz. Neither have been known to cause health issues but if you don't feel well and suspect a health problem, it is always a good idea to talk to someone and consider calling your family doctor or even better if you have access to a tele-health service as an initial step before going to visit a doctor's office.

• jfmartel
    jfmartel Référence: U9DAHPosts: 58

It might be a neighbor too. Everyone has router nowadays. You are not out of problem of it's really a 5ghz issue.