iPhone wifi occasionally drops

Options
Xian W.
Xian W. Posts: 16 ✭✭

Using Fizz wifi, new iPhone 12 mini, sometimes it shows the connection is working fine at the top bar, but actually no access to internet (open any app that requires connection, it shows connecting and fail to reconnect eventually), I need to turn off the wifi on the phone and turn it back on to make it work again.

I went to Genius Bar 5 times, since the issue did not reproduced even once there, they replaced the main board (where the the wifi module is) , issued continued, then they replaced me a new phone, but the issue still.

Since that now I highly suspect that the thing is with Fizz Wifi, I tried everything I know or I can to adjust the settings in 192.168.0.1, reset factory, update, everything, but did not change anything.

Please help.

Best Answer

• gogoer
    gogoer Posts: 48 ✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options

Leave fizz modem only as a cable modem(bridge mode) and use your own router, everything will be fine.

Answers

• Xian W.
    Xian W. Posts: 16 ✭✭
    Options

thank you, i'll try

• StefanM
    StefanM Posts: 1,453 ✭✭
    Options

I second that. Use your own router. CODA-Modems are notoriously unreliable.

• shawnie
    shawnie Posts: 6 ✭✭
    Options

A separate router while the Fizz modem is in ridge modem is ideal. You can also try and disable automatic band steering and maintain two separate wifi networks (2.4ghz and 5ghz) on the Fizz modem. The 5ghz network offers faster speeds but less range. The 2.4ghz is slower speeds with higher range.

This discussion has been closed.