Could you please remove common short code blocking on my Fizz mobile? I can't get into my bank app.

Options
Big_Bad_John_55
Big_Bad_John_55 Posts: 2 ✭✭

Hi. I just joined up with Fizz recently, so there may be something I'm missing, but I have been unable to receive verification codes from my TD Bank app, and I'm therefore unable to view or edit any of my account info while away from my computer. At first, I thought I had solved the problem by swapping my old number to my new one on my TD profile, but alas, that didn't work.

I've perused the internet looking for solutions, and it appears that common short code blocking may be the issue. If so, could Fizz kindly remove it?

Best Answer

• Idefizz
    Idefizz Posts: 2,999 ✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hi @Big_Bad_John_55

Fizz may block in rare cases some 2-step verification SMS (as stated in that page) but I presume TD Bank's have been allowed long ago. If it's really missing, ask and they'll add it.

If those SMS worked before on your phone in the past (and still receive SMS from other sources), try deleting the existing SMS conversation history for that specific contact in your phone and try again. You may have to go one step further and delete that specific contact altogether. One more thing to do could be to delete your chat application's cache or even try another SMS app.

In any case take a few minutes and chat with Fizz to make sure the problem is not on Fizz' side.

To chat:

1. Go to a FAQ page e.g. https://fizz.ca/en/faq/status-services
    2. Look bottom right for the big ❔ question mark in a green bubble.
    3. Click it, options will be displayed
    4. Choose "💬 Chat"
    5. Note: the bubble will only display the chat for a computer version. If you are on a cell phone, you must check "Desktop site" in your browser settings.
    6. Submit your question with possibly a relevant screenshot or modem photo 
    7. After that will be displayed the number of customers preceding you, to manage your expectations. Updated real time.

The advantages of Fizz bubble tool are the management of waiting times and the ability to print (e.g. PDF) a copy of the conversation for your records. Sometimes you can even leave a comment about your satisfaction with the conversation.

ALTERNATIVES

Answers

• Pascal L. 40582
    Pascal L. 40582 Posts: 649 ✭✭
    Options

Fizz does not block any SMS (regular or short codes). Check your mobile phone settings.

This discussion has been closed.