Can i order now, and activate internet july 31st and take advantage of internet promo and 50$ ref

Options
Alexander M. 8258
Alexander M. 8258 Posts: 3 ✭✭

My internet plan with another provider ends on july 31st, while the promotion for fizz internet and referral ends on july 14 or 15th.

Can I order the service now with referral code and set the delivery date on july 31st to take advantage of both offers, or the service activation needs to be before the end of the promo?

Best Answer

• StefanM
    StefanM Posts: 1,453 ✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options

@Alexander M. 8258 Yes you can! I confirmed this myself with the Chat! You need to sign up until July 15th, the installation can be later. Once you sign up you prepay the first month and you get your contract. That is the moment the contract is made. It doesn’t matter when you schedule the appointment.

Answers

• ClientCG
    ClientCG Posts: 119 ✭✭
    Options

The terms and conditions indicate that you need to activate (so install) before July 15.... So no, it won't work if you order it but activate later.

Did you check with your current provider? Normally, they would have to refund you the difference if you cancel your plan during a billing cycle.

• Alexander M. 8258
    Alexander M. 8258 Posts: 3 ✭✭
    Options

My current provider gives 1 month free when 1 yearly fee is payed. So July is that 1 free month, so I don't get anything back.

I think its better to loose 2 weeks of internet instead of loosing good promo with Fizz. 😊

My reason for switching is that I hate being stuck in yearly contracts, which was the case when Fizz first started back in feb 2019, however I could not switch. So I was stuck with my provider for a while and they gave me a good price for 120M -> 650$ a year with taxes, however due to crtc changed wholesale internet pricing they increased the cost to 828$ with taxes.

This discussion has been closed.