Speed tests show far low from my plan

Options
juanse
juanse Posts: 1 ✭✭

Internet had been disconnected couple times today.

Speed tests during the day showed up to 45 Mbps, by it my plan should be 120 Mbps.

When will the speed reach the agreed values?

How would you adjust the invoice for the lower bandwidth provided?

Best Answers

• HoMsEy
    HoMsEy Posts: 10 ✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options

Cable internet doesn't guarantee the advertised speed. I would start my doing a speed test off-peak hours. (From 12 am to 8am and noon to 6pm) If you don't acheive that 120 mbps than I would open a ticket with fizz to see if something can be dont from their end.

You can change your plan whever you want from your account, although with the promotion they are having currently it's not worth switching to the 50 mpbs plan.

And no, fizz won't charge you less because you don't get 120 mbps. No one does that.

• Panagiotis A.
    Panagiotis A. Posts: 18 ✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options

It depends a lot on the device you are testing. Many times wired connections perform the best.

Answers

• Zenthar
    Zenthar Posts: 517 ✭✭
    Options

When you do your tests, are you connected using WiFi or Ethernet cable? Using the built-in router in Fizz modem or your own? Wifi 4 (N) or Wifi 5 (AC)? Have you tried at multiple distances from the modem? Did you try while streaming content (Netflix playing in the background, done that one :P)?

• jiramakk
    jiramakk Posts: 1 ✭✭
    Options

You can also try the speed test in the Fizz app, which can be downloaded and installed in your phone. it will show the speed at the Fizz modem. Additionally, you can try the trusted old school way but unplug the modem for a minute or two, then restart it. It's worked for me when I have some intermittent issues with Internet.

• Pete
    Pete Posts: 219 ✭✭
    Options

45 out of 120 ? Good to know before switching. ..

This discussion has been closed.