Traffic management policy - Is there a limit to how much Fizz slows down upload speed

Chris K. #7521
Chris K. #7521 Posts: 486 ✭✭

Hi community, with the current promotion on the 120Mbps services, I’ve been considering switching over to it. My worry is the traffic management policy disclaimer. I wouldn’t consider myself someone who uses excessive bandwidth, but because of the pandemic and working from home, I’m wondering what would happen to my upload speed if congestion were to occur and Fizz imposed this lower priority rating to my connection. By the sounds of it, all other people members would continue to receive their full speed and I would have whatever is left, potentially leaving me with even less speed than them. Does anyone know if there is a limit on how much they slow down the upload speed, say to 10Mbps?

Best Answer

Answers

• DooomsDay
    DooomsDay Posts: 182 ✭✭

Hello,

I have been using 15 10 speed to work from home for almost a year now.

I use 3 computers in total all with wired connection plus my cell on wifi.

Never had any issues with the fizz connection.

Have a nice day

• DooomsDay

Also, its not impossible that you would see a slow down in your area. Depends how many people use the same videotron/fizz in your area and how densely populated your area is. But for me, it has never been an issue.

• Chris K. #7521
    Chris K. #7521 Posts: 486 ✭✭

Traffic management policy is only on the 120Mbps connections and higher. And the question is if the policy will slow down the upload rate to say 10Mbps, or does it simply assign my data as lowest priority which could result in me getting a very slow upload speed, for example 1Mbps to give an extreme case.

• DooomsDay

I honestly doubt they would let it fall to 1Mbps. It will most likely never dip down except in extreme cases and I highly doubt it will dip that low.

Experience is the best teacher I or fizz can say how it is but it's best you try and see for yourself.

I had bell and fizz for an entire month to make sure Fizz was up to par since I work from home.

After 1 month with no issues, I cancel Bell.

Was worth the price for my peace of mind

• Pete
    Pete Posts: 219 ✭✭

Good question. Especially now with this promotion to change to 120.

This discussion has been closed.