lost my home

Options
Ahmad A. #35143
Ahmad A. #35143 Posts: 2 ✭✭
edited June 2021 in Internet

Hello

On June 5th I lost my home because my home the fire burnt down the whole building,

I've canceled the internet service, and return the wifi modem

my question is I'm moving to a new address, in this situation I have to pay for the installation and the modem again.

Best Regards

Best Answer

• Idefizz
    Idefizz Posts: 2,999 ✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hi @Ahmad A. #35143

terribly sorry for the tragedy you're currently in.

First of all you only pay for the modem if it is not returned or returned late or damaged. There is no rental fee per say.

If you pay for an installation, it's either because:

• you chose a VIP installation, which you probably do not need now you know how it works (and the forum is helpful)
    • you are relocating an outlet, which hardly applies to you, eh?

Even people moving are not paying for the move.

So if your account was closed, you could simply be considered a returning client. So proceed with the installation and the system should notify you of any exceptional cases. You can always refuse and stop at any time.

In any case, do not hesitate to chat with Fizz. It's relatively quick:

1. Go to a FAQ page e.g. https://fizz.ca/en/faq/status-services
    2. Look bottom right for the big ❔ question mark in a green bubble.
    3. Click it, options will be displayed
    4. Choose "💬 Chat"
    5. Note: the bubble will only display the chat for a computer version. If you are on a cell phone, you must check "Desktop site" in your browser settings.
    6. Submit your question with possibly a relevant screenshot or modem photo 
    7. After that will be displayed the number of customers preceding you, to manage your expectations. Updated real time.

ALTERNATIVELY, try leaving a message on Facebook Messenger (https://www.facebook.com/fizzca), iMessage or Twitter private. The advantages of Fizz tool are the management of waiting times and the ability to print (e.g. PDF) a copy of the conversation for your records. Sometimes you can even leave a comment about your satisfaction with the conversation.

The WhatsApp way has been described in "How to contact Fizz on WhatsApp?" at https://forum.fizz.ca/en/discussion/comment/6568069

May you rise higher and brighter from the ashes!

Answers

• Dgjf
    Dgjf Posts: 3,052 ✭✭
    Options

Since the modem qnd the base installation is free no you dont have to paid it but yes you have to do the the same path as the first time.

• Stevie W. #40024
    Stevie W. #40024 Posts: 12 ✭✭
    Options

I am sorry to hear about the fire

• DooomsDay
    DooomsDay Posts: 182 ✭✭
    Options

Sorry to hear about your home fire.

• Pete
    Pete Posts: 219 ✭✭
    Options

sorry to hear about the fire