Replacing Phone for Existing Fizz Account

Options
Aiamariga
Aiamariga Posts: 2 ✭✭

Hi,

I’ve been with Fizz for a few years now, but unfortunately my current iPhone is broken and looks like it needs to be replaced. I want to stay with Fizz with the same phone# and all. In this case, do I need to get a new SIM card for the new phone from Fizz or can I just take the one in my broken phone and put it in my new phone?

My current and broken phone is iPhone SE 1st Gen, and I’m looking to replace it with iPhone SE 2nd Gen., but I’m not 100% sure what I’m replacing with. I’ll have to get my new phone from a vendor other than Fizz as Fizz only offers low memory capacity like 64GB, and I need one with more memory. Maybe from Apple or Costco, and get one that’s unlocked.

If this could be clarified before I go out and spend $1,000 that would be great.

Thank you,

P.S. I sent a FB message to Fizz_ca but it hasn’t even been seen, so I thought I’d try this as I can’t go without a phone for too long.

Best Answers

• Ihssan
    Ihssan Posts: 279 ✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options

The same sim will work in your new unlocked iPhone, any iphone will work even if it's not from fizz.

• redguitar2
    redguitar2 Posts: 51 ✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options

You can simply take out the sim from your broken phone and put it into your new one. If you’re buying your new phone used, make sure it’s unlocked.

• ClientCG
    ClientCG Posts: 119 ✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options

You can use the SIM card from your old device.

Buying an unlocked iPhone (5s or older: SE 2nd generation meet this criteria!) from Apple or Costco will work :)

Here is what to do to make sure everything goes as smoothly as possible:

• Make sure your phone has the latest iOS software. To do so:
      • Connect to a Wi-Fi network
      • Download the latest iOS software update
    • Once the software update is done, your iPhone will offer a carrier settings update to Fizz 34.1 or higher. Make sure to accept it. More information is available on the Apple website.

Answers

• Aiamariga
    Aiamariga Posts: 2 ✭✭
    Options

Thank you so much everyone! I feel good about going out and spending $$ on a new phone now and be able to pop the SIM card from my old phone.

The old one seems functional, as it dings and vibrates every time there is a message, but the screen is dead now. It was showing some distorted image yesterday, and was able to log into it, but today, nothing. Just pitch black... Well, it lasted me 5 years, so I guess that's not bad! Thankfully I was able to make a backup, so phew!

This discussion has been closed.